thornton sat help

gareth

hi, new to this site this week and got to say its full of very useful infomation to a newbie flyfisherman, only been flyfishing for 18 mnths mainly course before that. anyway back to question,i'm off to thornton sat morning for my first visit,if anyone got any tips to help me not blank lol would be very much appreciated

gareth

ifor

The bank is fishing well at the moment but if your bank fishing bring waders. Rod average yesterday was over 6 with the majority of the fish getting caught within 10 yards of the bank with floating or intermediate lines with a bright blob on the point & a buzzer or diawl bach on the dropper. Best area opposite the lodge & down in front of the wood.

Im working at the lodge Saturday, come & ask me for advise when you arrive.

Ifor

ifor

Scott Wilson just came in from fishing the bank opposite the lodge catching & releasing 15 on a damsel fished on a floater.

Ifor

Trugg

thornton

Hi Gareth

Thornton is my base camp and i fish there more than most and its like Jim says theres no point talking to Ifor asking questions and then deciding to ignore it all anyway like so many do. You have a pm with my 10 pence worth but Ifor is on the money with his advice already. Waders waders waders waders and waders.

Mick M

gareth

hello again thanks for replies will speak with ifor sat morning. all advice greatfully recieved and needed

happy fishing

Latest posts