Tiemco 206bl alternatives?

JayP

With the above hook virtually impossible to find now in the UK does anyone know of a reasonable alternative?

Ta

m r roid

I use Fasna F-150, Hends BL 547's, and Partridge K2BY are all good hooks 👍

JayP

Is that the sedge hook?
Yep, up eye sedge hook. The Dohiku HDA 254 looks like very similar

Seem to be in stock here 👍
Only in sizes 10 and 16, and seems to be the case across the board including the distributor, I want 12, 14 and 18 :confused:

roger h 10

With the above hook virtually impossible to find now in the UK does anyone know of a reasonable alternative?

Ta
What sizes are you looking for? I've got a few #12's and 16's if you would like them. The Daiichi is a good hook but I think it only comes in smaller sizes, 18,20,22 and I'm not sure if it's barbless. I've got their catalogue of trout flies but can't see whether or not these are barbed.

roger h 10

Yep, up eye sedge hook. The Dohiku HDA 254 looks like very similar

Only in sizes 10 and 16, and seems to be the case across the board including the distributor, I want 12, 14 and 18 :confused:
I've got 18 x#12's and 20x#16's . I've got some Dohiku hooks in small sizes and they seem very good.

sculpin_crusader

Take a look at Tamien Akita brand hooks, they do an identical version and the prices are extremely reasonable, I use a lot of the Akita brand hooks and they are reliable

wobbly face

https://griphooks.co.uk/product/grip-14723bl-pupa-emerger/ out of stock.

JayP

https://griphooks.co.uk/product/grip-14723bl-pupa-emerger/ out of stock.
There's a guy local to me who sells Grip hooks but has limited stock and the price was off putting at +£5 for 25 hooks.

The Fasna and Dohiku look the best alternative to the Tiemco, I can get the Tiemco from Poland or Spain but would rather support UK sellers 👍

roger h 10

Phil at Fly Fishing Boutique has a good range of Dohiku hooks. I have used quite a few Maruto hooks in the past but have found them to vary between batches,some are very good but others have been very soft.

Latest posts