today

Mies

Beautiful place. The only downside is the midges in summer. Lethal!!
I haven't fished it myself but I imagine someone at Cronin's pub would give you any info with regard to permits. On my last visit I did see a couple of boats tied up behind the church.

GEK79

Beautiful place. The only downside is the midges in summer. Lethal!!
I haven't fished it myself but I imagine someone at Cronin's pub would give you any info with regard to permits. On my last visit I did see a couple of boats tied up behind the church.
Looks to be a fabulous spot..

doobrysnatcher

the permits can be got in the gift shop right next to the pub on the lake side there 10 euros ,there was no boats there yesterday but i heard you can hire when available from the hotel ,

GEK79

the permits can be got in the gift shop right next to the pub on the lake side there 10 euros ,there was no boats there yesterday but i heard you can hire when available from the hotel ,
Any idea what the fishing is like there.. Looks a perfect spot.. For some ferox..

doobrysnatcher

it holds small wild brownies 9" approx if you ring the hotel they might help you out (gouganne barra hotel or cronins pub )on the shore, and i was told they prefer smaller flies in black silver and claret ,
im not familar with the lake so thats about all i know ,yesterday was a real windy day 35-45 mph winds so not ideal for fly fishing ,i did manage 1 though but gave up over the gales my son had 7-8 on worms while i had a look about the place ,

GEK79

it holds small wild brownies 9" approx if you ring the hotel they might help you out (gouganne barra hotel or cronins pub )on the shore, and i was told they prefer smaller flies in black silver and claret ,
im not familar with the lake so thats about all i know ,yesterday was a real windy day 35-45 mph winds so not ideal for fly fishing ,i did manage 1 though but gave up over the gales my son had 7-8 on worms while i had a look about the place ,
Wow tough going good to see they are keeping the fishing under slight restrictions.. I may be heading down that way end of August as a friend meant to be getting married but the restrictions will have to be lifted a lot...many thanks stay safe mate..

Latest posts