Tomorrow.

JohnH

I think we English anglers could be travelling back in time to the 1970s today, Jim. Fist fights on the banks at Chew over trying to reserve swims and the rest of it. Next week will be soon enough for me to fish again, and it will be on a chalk stream beat so nice and quiet :rolleyes:

PaulD

My personal view is that restrictions have been eased too soon and, as a result, I won't be fishing this month. My 'favoured', local fishery is 37 miles away and I'm pretty sure there'll still be the odd fish about when I do get there.

Tight lines to those who 'break the ice' today. (y)

dave b

I've booked a days holiday for Thursday however I'm expecting a busy river as the Mayfly hatch is just beginning.

I agree with Paul on the restrictions/return to work and dread when the schools go back as they are breeding grounds for the virus and passing it back to the parents and teachers.

I have a feeling we should enjoy the small reprieve while we have it because I'd be surprised if we aren't on lock down again in 6-8 weeks time when the second wave hits.

1st_teamsunbed

Don the cormorant head dressing
smear ones chest with otter spraint
and with arms spread, recite the incantations.

Good luck one and all

Jeff

sean freeman

I’m happy to be allowed out but as above I’m worried about how busy the rivers will be during the Mayfly. It doesn’t normally peak until the first week in June though.

JayP

I've booked a days holiday for Thursday however I'm expecting a busy river as the Mayfly hatch is just beginning.

I agree with Paul on the restrictions/return to work and dread when the schools go back as they are breeding grounds for the virus and passing it back to the parents and teachers.

I have a feeling we should enjoy the small reprieve while we have it because I'd be surprised if we aren't on lock down again in 6-8 weeks time when the second wave hits.

I think someone in Government wanted to get out on the mayfly too

BobP

I think we English anglers could be travelling back in time to the 1970s today, Jim. Fist fights on the banks at Chew over trying to reserve swims and the rest of it. Next week will be soon enough for me to fish again, and it will be on a chalk stream beat so nice and quiet :rolleyes:
I doubt it will be like that John. In the first place there are nowhere near as many anglers as there were back then, and I rather suspect more fisheries will restrict to season tickets only. Farmoor is open to day with a limit of 60 anglers and telephone bookings by debit card being the way forward. I am looking to go tomorrow all being well.

JohnH

I doubt it will be like that John. In the first place there are nowhere near as many anglers as there were back then, and I rather suspect more fisheries will restrict to season tickets only. Farmoor is open to day with a limit of 60 anglers and telephone bookings by debit card being the way forward. I am looking to go tomorrow all being well.
Fingers crossed on both counts, Bob. I have noticed several day ticket fisheries are doing the same as Farmoor re limited numbers and advance prepaid bookings. Let us know how you get on ?

roadrunner1000

I'm off to Bewl tomorrow . Pre-paid bank fishing only for the first three days . Registration outside the lodge from 8:45am .
Bewl doesn't see many bank fisherman except for the first couple of weeks of the season so it will be interesting to see how many turn up tomorrow........

BobP

I booked myself in to Farmoor for a trip tomorrow. All I do is to phone the lodge when I get on-site and go and fish so no contact with others. The causeway is out of bounds to anglers. When I leave I phone in again and let them know what I've caught. No queueing at the lodge or when checking in my ticket at the end of the day. Only about 25 anglers there today apparently so no mad rush when they opened up.

roadrunner1000

Interested to see how busy Bewl is. Itching to get out.

can you not just pay online and go somewhere a bit out of the way?
That's their procedure initially . I was hoping to book online and go where I liked . Only option at the moment will be to register and drive to another area.....