Tomorrow.

scobo

Just read on the bbc website that golf is starting again in Wales from Monday 18th. It didn't mention fishing though.
Anyone know if fishing is also starting in Wales ?

george387

Some good fishing where you are, spent a few years there, and it great for course and grayling as well.
So when you do get on, you will be fine.
I've fished round this neck of the woods for nearly 20 years now, so know it like the back of my hand, Its finding time nowadays especially at the moment but the rivers are on their bones at the moment anyway so no great loss at present, I can wait a while longer (y)

Paul_B

I've fished round this neck of the woods for nearly 20 years now, so know it like the back of my hand, Its finding time nowadays especially at the moment but the rivers are on their bones at the moment anyway so no great loss at present, I can wait a while longer (y)
I was brought up fishing Semerwater and the Bradford stretch of the Ure, still go up regularly for holidays.

garrynic

Just read on the bbc website that golf is starting again in Wales from Monday 18th. It didn't mention fishing though.
Anyone know if fishing is also starting in Wales ?
The Welsh Government mentioned today. If i understand it to be correct.
You can go fishing or play Golf locally, as long as you walk to the venue, and not drive.
Dont think you would be able to play golf or fish by the time you got there with your gear, as youd be knackered.
But on a side note you can go to Garden Centres where i presume you would have to drive

zulu fly

Yes you can drive to your Local fishing.
I live in Carmarthen and a Member of Carmarthen Amateur A.A. so I can fish our waters locally, the Rivers Tywi, Cothi and Gwili
BUT if I was a member also of say LLandysul A.A. or LLandeilo A.A. which are both 16miles from Carmarthen then that would be a NO.
That is how I see it.

Euros Jones

garrynic

Yes you can drive to your Local fishing.
I live in Carmarthen and a Member of Carmarthen Amateur A.A. so I can fish our waters locally, the Rivers Tywi, Cothi and Gwili
BUT if I was a member also of say LLandysul A.A. or LLandeilo A.A. which are both 16miles from Carmarthen then that would be a NO.
That is how I see it.

Euros Jones
From what i thought Mark Drakeford said this afternoon, you could only play Golf or Fish if you walked to the venue.
Unless thats changed in the meantime
But hes allowed to ride his bike to his allotment supposidly
Cheers

paul100

I fished Elinor yesterday - paid via bank transfer and when I arrived there was a sign saying keep 5 metres apart which was abided by as far as I could see. Although busy there was plenty of room on the bank and the boats we single occupancy only. So all very well organised and well done to Elinor - Ed Foster.

Paul

Oldbones

I fished the river yesterday, not many people about, but I did go to an out of the way spot. As the day wore on and it warmed up a bit. Dog walkers did ask me how I was doing, from a good distance away I may add. Everyone was looking happy.
Another fly fisher did walk past, while I was in the river, he was on the bank and we discussed fishing, very nice of him, he is experienced in this rive, while I am not, so I did learn a few things.
My main thing for the day was to actually to get out and see the world again while doing something that I love to do.
And to fish the Catskills style flies, I have been teaching myself to tie. These flies are amazing, they float really well and the fish do go for them.
All in all a very nice day and a refreshing experience.
The correct social distancing was observed at all times, I made sure of that.

original cormorant

I'm off to Bewl tomorrow . Pre-paid bank fishing only for the first three days . Registration outside the lodge from 8:45am .
Bewl doesn't see many bank fisherman except for the first couple of weeks of the season so it will be interesting to see how many turn up tomorrow........

The Bewl online booking system is broken - they appear to have attempted to modify it to fit isolation crieria and broke it. If you attempt to book on line it will say fully booked. Looking at the facebook page you can book by email fishing@bewlwater.co.uk with your phone number and then get a call back to book by phone.

Those big fat flabby stockies from March opening are now lean mean fighting machines- they'll remind you what colour backing you have. Did I have a good day yesterday - whatcha think?
One tip - get in today or tomorrow before the any methods decimate them at the weeekend.

Incidentally the Bewl website is ambiguous; bank fishing is open seven days a week - not closed on Monday and Tuesday.

glueman

The Welsh Government mentioned today. If i understand it to be correct.
You can go fishing or play Golf locally, as long as you walk to the venue, and not drive.
Dont think you would be able to play golf or fish by the time you got there with your gear, as youd be knackered.
But on a side note you can go to Garden Centres where i presume you would have to drive
Why do you need a car for fishing other than in a lot of cases it is a long way. All I need is my rod tube with rod, reel, roll of tippet, box of flies, a sandwich and water bottle. and a net in case I catch some thing

ian1104

See ANGLING CYMRU website now. There was more discussion this afternoon!

Euros Jones

As you mention, Anling Cymru's advice is that you can drive to go fishing, but only locally. The trouble is, what does 'locally' mean? The lake I want to visit is 11 miles away, a 20 mnute drive. Does this count as 'local'?

glueman

As you mention, Anling Cymru's advice is that you can drive to go fishing, but only locally. The trouble is, what does 'locally' mean? The lake I want to visit is 11 miles away, a 20 mnute drive. Does this count as 'local'?
Try it and see what happens or phone your local police station assuming you have one

garrynic

Why do you need a car for fishing other than in a lot of cases it is a long way. All I need is my rod tube with rod, reel, roll of tippet, box of flies, a sandwich and water bottle. and a net in case I catch some thing
So how far do you need to walk yourself to your nearest fishing venue?
River or Stillwater?
Cheers

glueman

So how far do you need to walk yourself to your nearest fishing venue?
River or Stillwater?
Cheers
As in live in England club water 40 miles but pond down road not far. That was not the point why do some people need so much stuff. Before Foremark shut down I have seen still water fly fishers with more tackle than a carp man. A friend knows an England lady team fisher she takes at least half a dozen very large boxes of lures several rods reals and lines with her. My way is if it doesnt go in your pockets it does not go