Trio of salmon flies.

wingman

Cumbria beside the field with the sheep in it.
A few more flies from the past day or two. From left a Claret Parson (Hardy), Claret Jay (Pryce-Tannatt) and Sherbrook (Pryce-Tannatt). All tied at size 2/0.

Dressings to add.

Thanks for looking.

cheers

mark

baca157

Another cracking set Mark. You’ve been busy! Beautifully tied.

Is that Piper’s silk on that Sherbrook body? Did you tie it on straight from the bobbin?

I must get out of the slacker corner and finish the Green Highlander I started a month ago.

Cheers,
Sebastian

wingman

Another cracking set Mark. You’ve been busy! Beautifully tied.

Is that Piper’s silk on that Sherbrook body? Did you tie it on straight from the bobbin?

I must get out of the slacker corner and finish the Green Highlander I started a month ago.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Thanks Sebastian yes that's blue Pipers silk on the Sherbrook. I found it better for the tag work than the body as I didn't realise just how less broad than the Danvilles it is so I wound a load of it onto an empty bobbin and used the bobbin holder which made things a little less awkward although it still took a while but not a bad result. Looking forward to seeing this long awaited Highlander.

baca157

Thanks Sebastian yes that's blue Pipers silk on the Sherbrook. I found it better for the tag work than the body as I didn't realise just how less broad than the Danvilles it is so I wound a load of it onto an empty bobbin and used the bobbin holder which made things a little less awkward although it still took a while but not a bad result. Looking forward to seeing this long awaited Highlander.

I wondered how you did with Piper’s for the body. It’s much finer than other flosses, almost like a flat thread. I don’t think I would have the patience to build bodies from it.

Will resume work on the Highlander tomorrow:thumbs:

Cheers,
Sebastian

wingman

I wondered how you did with Piper’s for the body. It’s much finer than other flosses, almost like a flat thread. I don’t think I would have the patience to build bodies from it.

Will resume work on the Highlander tomorrow:thumbs:

Cheers,
Sebastian

It's very fine floss I agree but I couldn't get away with that stretch floss stuff so I find this to work quite well. I don't bother tying lengths of floss in to make the taper but rather just do it by eye as I go, similar to doing a rather long tag in other words.:rolleyes::D