trout and salmon crossword

eddleston123

This months T&S

23 Down - 7 letters

Clue - Modern Salmon Fly Pattern

-N-E-D-

I'm sure it must be obvious to a salmon angler, but I only fish for the humble trout.

Thanks

Douglas

Cap'n Fishy

Cheers, Douglas - I would take you up on that if it comes to fruition - my sea trout line is just about goosed.

Col

eddleston123

You are welcome to the line should I win. I've only been doing the xword for some ten years now. A win is well over due. At least I have a tenfold chance this time!

Douglas

jonnycymro

I have one clue left, it’s doing my nut in! Japanese tackle company - 4 letters, 2nd letter U. Can anyone put me out of my misery?

eddleston123

This months T& S

26 across 6 letters I have -I-I-G

Clue Descending Underwater

Also -

9 across 4 letters I have -I - A

Clue Black Lure with fluorescent green tail

Douglas

heathenwoods

I logged on to look for this thread because I'm a bit uncertain about Girl's name (4). Too many possibilities! Lisa, Rita, or Tina? Then there's Lila, Gita, Zita... I've gone for Lisa but how could any be said to wrong as any could equally be right.

bobmiddlepoint

I logged on to look for this thread because I'm a bit uncertain about Girl's name (4). Too many possibilities! Lisa, Rita, or Tina? Then there's Lila, Gita, Zita... I've gone for Lisa but how could any be said to wrong as any could equally be right.
This will be an example of double blind crossword answering as I don't read T&S.

There is a River Liza in the Lake District, any use?

williegunn

Any letters to help?

Cap'n Fishy

For sure - not only can you quite legitimately opt for any girl's name with the sequence: _ I _ A, but the 29 Across clue it gets its I from is a bit dodgy. It can only really be Shin, but describing it as a loch and river in the northwest Highlands is a bit iffy. The loch is about as near the east coast as the west coast, and the river runs into the east coast!

BobP

The girl's name clue is the one that is going to determine the winner of that crossword as there are so many possible answers.

Latest posts