Trout and Salmon - Trout Fisherman

eddleston123

Just bought a T&S today. I see that the price has gone up to £4.75

Yes, I do understand it's about the price of a pint (in some places) and probably most will still consider it a good read and consequently good value. I'm beginning to wonder.

From my fading memory, am I not right in saying that when a mag increased in price in the past it was only in much smaller increments - Trout and Salmon rack their prices up by 25p at a time (five shillings!)

I am going to dig out all my back copies from the attic and start reading the oldest first - I'm sure I will have forgotten the content by now.

So, in the meantime, I won't be handing over a fiver to get a poultry 25p back - Well, not till next month anyway - I'll test my willpower!!

Douglas

running bear

It sure does, this is the February edition. It costs £3.99, which is about €4.50 but somehow as with all UK magazines it ends up costing about 20 % more at €5.50, is it Irish VAT, I'm not sure if there is VAT on magazines sold in UK? There has been this price difference as far as I can remember.
Vat in ireland, none in the UK. However despite vendors claims, that never answered the reason for the Celtic tiger price in dublin, of 6.50 to 6.70! Strange how it dropped to 5.50 odd in the recession.

Luckily I brew my own beer, so at much less than 25p a pint I can afford to subscribe. Just too pi**ed to read it half the time.

benisa

Its OK to view on line
but you can,t ( unless it gets really silly money ) to have mag just laying there on the table etc and pick it up for a quick read

morayfisher

Trust Member
I’m happy to read books (generally fiction) on a kindle but can’t get on with digital magazines.
And I’ve still got every motorcycle magazine I’ve bought since 1978. Quite a collection!

easker1

I wait 'til I get to our Library, they get T&S and sell them cheap when they are finished with them, that's for me, easker1

morayfisher

Trust Member
And the cost will be about the same as 3 years of the magazine. Good use of money that!
Tablets can be easily bought for £50, maybe less with offers.
Saying that, I spent £500 on an iPad about ten years ago and now it’s on its last legs as the old architecture can take anymore updates.

roirizla

I used to get both mags on subscription, but as has ready been said, I find them very repetitive and stopped getting them. Despite much preferring paper copies to online ones I now subscribe to an online app called Readly. It’s only £7.99 a month but has many hundreds of magazines (including T&S and other fishing ones) and a few daily papers (Including back issues). Well worth the money in my opinion.
Oh the real MVP! That's great advice - thanks for sharing

Latest posts