Tungsten beads

Black sheep

Good evening all,

I was surprised at the price of these when looking for some, can anyone share any inside knowledge of a good place to get them??? Or is it what you see is what you get

pentlandflyman

Good evening all,

I was surprised at the price of these when looking for some, can anyone share any inside knowledge of a good place to get them??? Or is it what you see is what you get
Tungsten beads plus is the place to go, proper tungsten beads, great service and good prices. Cheap beads are cheap for a reason so avoid.

LukeNZ

Yes - very pricey little things in small packets.

They certainly make commercially tied flies seem reasonably priced, where they are used!

wobbly face

3 sites I use in the UK for beads, difficult getting from the EU now.

kingf000

Depends what you want. The cheap tungsten beads have less tungsten and weigh less for the same size, but the difference isn't that great and all heavier than the equivalent brass. So with cheap tungsten beads you may need to go to the next size up to get the same weight. If I want a heavy nymph to get down quickly, I'll use a good quality bead. For most other nymphs I use the cheapest I can get!

BobP

I decided to test the water post-Brexit with a small order from Bogdan. All my previous orders took 4-5 days to arrive. I'm now 13 days in and starting to wonder. Is it Brexit or is it C-19 that is causing the delay?

Rhithrogena

Depends what you want. The cheap tungsten beads have less tungsten and weigh less for the same size, but the difference isn't that great and all heavier than the equivalent brass. So with cheap tungsten beads you may need to go to the next size up to get the same weight. If I want a heavy nymph to get down quickly, I'll use a good quality bead. For most other nymphs I use the cheapest I can get!
Good point!

Scotty Mitchell

Whats Tungstone?
Have you really no idea what he’s on about???
That says more about you than he if that is the case, and if you are going to take the Pedant’s mantle then at least come back when you are fully literate yourself.
That should read “What’s Tungstone?” or “What is Tungstone?”.
No need to thank me.

Last edited:

Latest posts