Tungsten beads

morayfisher

So you have Amazon Prime?
Yes. The wife has paid for it for a while and that gives me joint access. As I use it quite a bit I now chip in my half.
For us it is good value. There’s prime tv, discounts on some kindle books and the obvious free delivery. With family around the uk, we’ve saved a fair bit when sending them presents.

Unfortunately some uk retailers class my AB56 postcode as not part of uk mainland for delivery purposes and charge quite a bit extra for p&p whereas anything on prime is delivered free and often next day.

dgp

Calder Junky

Fish On Tungsten beads beads from £2.60 per 25. UK stocks, everything from 2 to 4mm in stock and No messing around waiting for a delivery from China.

Mrtrout

Fish On Tungsten beads beads from £2.60 per 25. UK stocks, everything from 2 to 4mm in stock and No messing around waiting for a delivery from China.
Order incoming for some dry fly hooks Andy. (y)
S.

kingf000

As everything descends into Politics, personally I buy very little from Amazon because I object to their business model. Whether their zero hour contracts for employees is exploiting them is questionable, but avoiding paying UK tax by invoicing everything through Luxembourg is, IMO, unacceptable tax avoidance that Brexit doesn't seem to have fixed. Also they force their sellers to charge excessive postage costs to encourage people to join Amazon Prime. I once ordered 3 books from the same supplier, expecting a postal discount, but I was still charge £2.80 per book. The seller told me that Amazon insisted on that.
That said, my daughter buys enough from Amazon that it is worth her having Prime, so I get her to order my stuff to avoid the postage costs - one in the eye for Amazon!

morayfisher

I can’t say I approve of Amazon’s business practices either but I’ll be a long time dead so I’m not going to lose sleep over it.
It’s a 44 mile round trip for me to the nearest big town so getting some things delivered free makes sense in time and money saved.

kingf000

Don't forget the £2.75 delivery.

kingf000

No.
Any cheap beads have little tungsten in them so would recommend a reputable dealer.
If you can use a magnet to pick them up, then there's not much tungsten in them.
Forgot to say, the Maxcatch beads are magnetic, so you would have dismissed perfectly good beads which, from the weight, contain a lot of tungsten!

ejw

Would recommend the Maxcatch ones, on my 4th order from them. Unfortunately friends like them too much, full packets keep changing hands ! Last lot went as a swop for hooks !

kingf000

👍 mine should be here tomorrow.
Interesting to know what they are like. From the pictures the hole looks rather large, so less metal in the beads and they may slip over the eye of the hook.

This is worth reading:

According to this, all tungsten beads are made in China due to the negative environmental impact in manufacture! China don't seem to mind.

morayfisher

Interesting to know what they are like. From the pictures the hole looks rather large, so less metal in the beads and they may slip over the eye of the hook.

This is worth reading:

According to this, all tungsten beads are made in China due to the negative environmental impact in manufacture! China don't seem to mind.
They look the same as some Maxcatch ones I’ve used before. I haven’t measured them and I haven’t got very accurate scales to weigh them.

I’ll have a look at your link, thanks.

kingf000

This is worth reading:

This is also interesting. Their 3.3mm beads weight the same as the Maxcatch ones.