Tunstall Reservoir, Durham

HOOK

Hello all I was up Friday yesterday I fished it up beside the house I had one of those days every thing went right I had 6 hours with a black sugar cube same fly all day the body was green and black, that was all they wanted I had about 6 pulls but I lost 5 to the net, banked only 1 which I killed I was fishing against the wind all day which came and went I'll be back up next Friday.

Regards Robbie :D:D:D

HOOK

Hello lads I was up at Tunstall today fished beside the house 9am - 3pm I fished my intermediate caught 2 but I put them back the wind was blowing hard but it dropped about 2-30pm I was fishing a dawson olive all day the fish were plucking at the lure, and I only saw 1 fish rise, most of the anglers were fishing floaters and getting nothing that's why I put the inter on I'll be up again next Friday.

Regards Robbie:D

HOOK

Could the member who asked me about the sugar cubes get in touch and supply your Name and Address and I'll post some for you thanks.

Regards Robbie:D

HOOK

Hello all Friday is my fishing day now, the water was flat calm at first then it changed to a nice ripple, for dries then it changed to hard wind but it didn't stop the fish from rising.
I got 3 fish but they all got off I fished 9am to 3pm with a new sugar cube :D.
If any of you want to try a new sugar cube give me your N and A on private messenger's and I'll see that you get 3 of them, this is open to 5 lads on the forum I'll tie them next week.:thumbs:
They are easy peasy to tie.:D
1 thread black.
2 a square piece of black plasterzote.
3 a black bit of waterproof ribbon cut with a paper cutter you can cut the ribbon down to 1mm.
4 2 piece's peacock herl or black seals fur for the thorax.
5 hard as nails for the body.

Regards to you all Robbie:)

noel

Hi all , a plea for new members really ; I am just back from our AGM and we are trying to recruit fresh members now I know it is a hard water to fish from the bank but it is primarily a boat fishery but it is good sport from the boat . At £160 per season from the middle of March to the middle of November and being able to take a fish on every visit I don't think it is bad value for money. Boat hire is an extra £10 per day. So if you are interested send me a pm and I will be intouch as soon as possible with further details.

tkd7

Hi all , a plea for new members really ; I am just back from our AGM and we are trying to recruit fresh members now I know it is a hard water to fish from the bank but it is primarily a boat fishery but it is good sport from the boat . At £160 per season from the middle of March to the middle of November and being able to take a fish on every visit I don't think it is bad value for money. Boat hire is an extra £10 per day. So if you are interested send me a pm and I will be intouch as soon as possible with further details.

Hi Noel,

Are float tubes allowed on the water?

noel

Unfortunately not I brought the subject up last year.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

country_est

Well after the winds from the weekend died down I had my first look up to Tunstall yesterday. Weather was still a bit breezy but no rain and the wind dropped off a bit latter.
After not fishing for a lot if years and never fly fished anything larger that small streams I wasn't expecting a lot.
Had 1 fish and missed 1.
Also found that I need casting lessons and my waders are leaking and will need replacing.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

G

guest54

Well after the winds from the weekend died down I had my first look up to Tunstall yesterday. Weather was still a bit breezy but no rain and the wind dropped off a bit latter.
After not fishing for a lot if years and never fly fished anything larger that small streams I wasn't expecting a lot.
Had 1 fish and missed 1.
Also found that I need casting lessons and my waders are leaking and will need replacing.

My experiences of Tunstall are from many years ago so may not necessarily apply now, never needed to wade there, in fact it can be very dangerous in places. Tunstall is always a lovely place to fish even if the weather isn't at it's best and when conditions are right the fishing can/could be spectacular. A favourite place for both my late father and myself.

noel

Hoping to have my 1st session there on Sunday , well done on catching your 1st of the season .

noel

Fished it yesterday and blanked but that was down to me quite a few boats caught 10 or more fish including 1 young lad landing 20 and another managing 9 from the bank on an inter and blobs.

country_est

Well had my 2nd visit to Tunstall today. Got there 16:15 and finished at 18:45.
Had 1 early on and that was it. Saw some rises but no fly life spotted.

New waders are all good so may get back up there sometime next week

Trev

country_est

There wee a couple of guys there when I arrived and another 2 came just after 5 for a couple of hours. Looked at the catch / sign in sheet and seemed only to have been about 6 there all day. All catch returns were one or 2 and I think one 4.

noel

Cheers Trev I am there on Sunday and if there's a boat free I will be afloat for the 1st time in 2 yrs.

G

guest54

Anyone have any info on day tickets for tunstall reservoir? Or is it members only now?

Cheers
Ryan

Members only, I asked. Used to fish there a lot with my father years ago, we loved the place.

noel

Ryan how close to Tunstall do you live as we do have some vacancies.
If you are close enough all the details can be found at the lodge including application forms.

Last edited:

Zuul

I'm just in Crook, so not far however I don't think I get fishing enough to warrant becoming a member. Thanks anyway, maybe one day when I have a bit more time to myself!

noel

Had a day on the bank today managed 8 all on dries well chuffed.

Latest posts