two man tent advice

graylinghunter

anyone suggestions for a good two man tent? looking to buy used...
lightweight for hiking to venue ...please only advise if you have used one.

Fishtales

Have a look at the Vango Banshee . . . available at a discount price round and about.
My mate uses one as a one man tent. He is 6'4" and bulky and there isn't much room left inside by the time he gets in with all his gear (there isn't a lot of space between the inner door and the flysheet to store much more than cooking gear and boots).

taffy1

Check out the Eurohike ranges. I have a 220 which is supposed to be a 2 man tent but 2 people sharing would struggle storing tackle. The 330 would possibly be a better option.

wobbly face

I have a Terra Nova Tristar, 2 man. Had it years, very light, easy to pitch and even easier to move whilst up if needs be. :thumbs: There is some storage room in the front porch. I've never used it for fishing, you would struggle if 2 using with with all camping and fishing equipment.

taterdu

My mate uses one as a one man tent. He is 6'4" and bulky and there isn't much room left inside by the time he gets in with all his gear (there isn't a lot of space between the inner door and the flysheet to store much more than cooking gear and boots).
ges. I have a 220 which is supposed to be a 2 man tent but 2 people sharing would struggle storing tackle.
I have a Terra Nova Tristar, 2 man. Had it years, very light, easy to pitch and even easier to move whilst up if needs be. :thumbs: There is some storage room in the front porch. I've never used it for fishing, you would struggle if 2 using with with all camping and fishing equipment.
Guys . . . Graylinghunter's request was for recommendations for a 'lightweight 2 man hiking tent'. The terms lightweight, 2 man and hiking mean that what you're going to get is something that's 'pared to the bone' . . . not a pitchable 2 bed semi.

I have a Terra Nova Laser Competition 1 which the blurb suggests could accomodate 2 . . . you would have to be very good friends with the sharer because after the first night of unavoidable intimacy you might as well share the rest of your lives.

I do have a 2 man North Face Mountain 25, it's a great tent but it weighs about 8lb which doesn't make it a 'hiking' tent.

Guest666

Banned
Banned
ACW has one that takes itself to the destination, so you don't have to carry it. I'm sure there's a picture of it on one of the old Monnow social threads

taterdu

That would be the one that was 'flight enabled' and had to be retrieved from two fields away . . . somewhere I have a picture of it being brought back across the river.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Fishtales

Guys . . . Graylinghunter's request was for recommendations for a 'lightweight 2 man hiking tent'. The terms lightweight, 2 man and hiking mean that what you're going to get is something that's 'pared to the bone' . . . not a pitchable 2 bed semi.

I have a Terra Nova Laser Competition 1 which the blurb suggests could accomodate 2 . . . you would have to be very good friends with the sharer because after the first night of unavoidable intimacy you might as well share the rest of your lives.

I do have a 2 man North Face Mountain 25, it's a great tent but it weighs about 8lb which doesn't make it a 'hiking' tent.
My one man tent is 2 Kg the Banshee is 3.5 Kg, as far as I can remember, so if we only took his tent and shared the weight I would be carrying 0.25 Kg less :) He doesn't mind the extra weight as he likes the extra room and he can still keep his pack for a six day trip down at 20 Kg. Your 8 Lb tent is roughly the same weight as the Banshee.

Latest posts