Understanding Carbon Trout Rods

LukeNZ

That might explain a lot, but back on topic, the locals don't! Beached as brew! ;)
Having lived here now on and off for more than 25 years, I dont notice kiwi accents, but the Aussie accent really sounds like grating the gears to my ears..

I can remember when I first arrived in NZ thinking they all seemed a little under educated, but that is only true in the classical educational sense.

🙃

LukeNZ

Iceland. Scotland. Ireland.
Have not fished in Iceland. But did see a great fly fishing documentry as part of the Rise fly fishing film festival a year or two ago, when it travelled here.

Scotland was my sevond home for many years. Was a great fan of the Uists, for both salmon and trout in the end, and S. Uist would be my pick for Scotland.

Ireland is OK, too, but it never grabbed me like Scotland.

When I was a young fella in my mid 20's I was general manager for UK Mail (it was called Business Post back then) in charge of operations, franchises, 3 hub depots and sales for the north of England, Scotland and all of Ireland. I used to get to Iteland once a month to check up on our Belfast depot and fly the flag with our contractors who covered Eire. Every once in a while I would stay over for a long weekend of fishing, but it takes a long time in one place there to miss it, though I often think back to some of the places to the north of Belfast, pubs mainly, and also Dublin. Was a very regular in The Stand. A great little establishment that was. Anyone know if it is still going?

NZ is great, for a fishing holiday - but after many years here, so much more revealed. It remains for me #1 trout fishing/liveable country.

🙃

mackiia1

Ireland is OK, too, but it never grabbed me like Scotland.

🙃
I can tell you for fact that dry fly fishing on Corrib for Caenis feeding trout is as good as any trout fishing on the Planet.
Settled weather , beautiful scenery , soft rods , 7X tippet , size 20 flies and 4am starts - as good as it gets.

LukeNZ

I can tell you for fact that dry fly fishing on Corrib for Caenis feeding trout is as good as any trout fishing on the Planet.
Settled weather , beautiful scenery , soft rods , 7X tippet , size 20 flies and 4am starts - as good as it gets.
...whisky at 4:00am,

....like the sound of it already. Sign me up!
🙃

Last edited:

mackiia1

We have some brilliant Wild Trout fishing here in Ireland / UK and more within a short flight to the likes of Iceland/ Scandinavia.
We live in a fantastic part of the world for fishing and don't have to travel half way around the world for it.
Appreciate what we have , look after it and realise, the grass isn't always greener .......

Latest posts