Understanding idiots

ohanzee

Hang on, the only boat fishers on the whole forum are on this thread!

Cap'n Fishy

Understanding Stillwater Fly Fishing From Boats.

Rule 1. No standing up.

There I've made a start, easy init 😁

What if you need a pish, or you need to put your waterproof trousers on, or you need to move to the stern to start the outboard, or you need to sort the drogue out, or you need to steer a fish clear of the outboard, or you need to lift your foot up to stick it in the face of the know-all **** who told you you couldn't stand up in a boat? 🤪

taffy1

Well it looks like it's going to be a Titanic task for anyone who attempts to deliver this type of "understanding", we all know where the Titanic ended up... :cool:

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
What if you need a pish, or you need to put your waterproof trousers on, or you need to move to the stern to start the outboard, or you need to sort the drogue out, or you need to steer a fish clear of the outboard, or you need to lift your foot up to stick it in the face of the know-all **** who told you you couldn't stand up in a boat? 🤪
Or indeed need to turn boat around to keep the bank and wind drift in the face of the know-all **** who told you engine must be on the left?
Lots of assumptions to investigate here, whilst we understand idiots!!

Bert

Cap'n Fishy

Or indeed need to turn boat around to keep the bank and wind drift in the face of the know-all **** who told you engine must be on the left?
Lots of assumptions to investigate here, whilst we understand idiots!!

Bert

FFS, Bert. No one told you the engine must be on the left. IT IS A CONVENTION, KNOWN TO MANY, and quite often not followed. Don't beat yourself up because you didn't know about it. 😜

Last edited:

Cap'n Fishy

Well it looks like it's going to be a Titanic task for anyone who attempts to deliver this type of "understanding", we all know where the Titanic ended up... :cool:

Aye, it's quite clear my suggestion has met with scorn, contempt and derision. I get the message. Nuff said. Put it in the bin.

Next time anyone asks anything about boat fishing, I will refer them to you ****s! 🤪

Carry on...

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
FFS, Bert. No one told you the engine must be on the left. IT IS A CONVENTION, KNOWN TO MANY, and quite often not followed. Don't beat yourself up because you didn't know about it. 😜
Beat myself up?
LOL.
I will set it up the way I want it to be to attain my drift.
Convention known to many, or otherwise.

B.T.W, How do you set up a boat with no engine on it?
Just saying like.

Bert

Last edited:

ejw

Do drifting boats have to give way to float tubes (belly boats) ? Warning !
This may cause offence ! Or offensive replies !

bobmiddlepoint

Jeezo - stillwater = lochs, loughs, lakes, reservoirs, tarns, llyns, ponds, meres, puddles, and anything else with a boat on it, as opposed to a river with a flow... or the sea.

FFS! One thing's for sure - I'm not volunteering for the job of putting it together!

All joking aside who else (on the forum) would be better qualified in terms of wide knowledge of the subject on differing waters, a huge collection of photo's to illustrate the thread and the ability to write clearly without ambiguity?

If you were to do it then it would be an "understanding" thread written by someone who understands the subject. I'm not saying "understanding" threads written by someone trying to understand a subject (which is what the others to date look like) are bad. However they do tend to spawn very long and at times somewhat circular arguments.

Go for it!

Andy

tangled

A tip for anyone that attempts this - apart from growing a very thick skin very quickly and stocking up on valium - open the thread then reply to yourself twice.

The new forum software only allows 20 photos per post (I got it extended from 10) so you're likely to need three consecutive posts for a big topic. You can always delete surplus posts but you can't add them later as they're ordered by time.

Paul_B

Understanding why my made in Japan G3 that I ordered from Garry Evens will be here this week, the pretty speckled fluorocarbon that I ordered early this month from maxcatch is waiting for Mr Langleys van and why my hooks that I ordered from Japan have to go to China for posting.

GEK79

Easy way to solve most of those issues.. Stay on the bank... 😜😜