Understanding Mono

ohanzee

You do a lot of guessing. Yes, the fish bucked and dived and pulled the rod down. Bob let the line go before he got broke. Nothing to do with 'raising the angle of the rod' while playing a fish.

Then the guess/observation was right.

Cap'n Fishy

Then the guess/observation was right.

This is the man who is feart to go out in a boat trying to give advice to experienced boat fishers. :rolleyes:

If the fish is diving and has pulled the rod down, which it has, then the rod is better at the angle it is at, than raised up in the air - your original suggestion.

ohanzee

This is the man who is feart to go out in a boat trying to give advice to experienced boat fishers. :rolleyes:

If the fish is diving and has pulled the rod down, which it has, then the rod is better at the angle it is at, than raised up in the air - your original suggestion.

Its always better up with a fish on, lets the rod do what its designed to do, its a simple lever, below 45 degrees the fish levering you rather than the other way round.

Cap'n Fishy

Its always better up with a fish on, lets the rod do what its designed to do, its a simple lever, below 45 degrees the fish levering you rather than the other way round.

Nonsense. If the fish is diving close to or under the boat, then the rod up in the air creates an acute angle, like a hairpin. You've got no leverage on it with it like that. If it's diving under the boat, the rod straight out is a better angle with which to lever it out and up.

Strawman argument anyway. As already stated, it was a case of a lunging fish pulling the rod down and a sudden requirement to let the line go before a break occurred - resulting in the line jumping up in the air.

Stick to your bank fishing. ;)

ohanzee

it was a case of a lunging fish pulling the rod down and a sudden requirement to let the line go before a break occurred - resulting in the line jumping up in the air.

I'm thinking this is how you loose fish, and the evidence seems to er...

Cap'n Fishy

WTF are you talking about? No one lost a fish. The fish in the photo was safely landed.

And by the way, lose has one o in it, unless you are referring to, for example, something that is 'on the loose'. :rolleyes:

speytime

It looked to me like the fish was rapidly taking line and the rod was pulled down, in they fraction of a second situations you don't have time to alter the angle of your rod, the line in the air says it all really.

Al

ohanzee

WTF are you talking about? No one lost a fish. The fish in the photo was safely landed.

And by the way, lose has one o in it, unless you are referring to, for example, something that is 'on the loose'. :rolleyes:

'the fish bucked and dived and pulled the rod down. Bob let the line go before he got broke'

He got broke and landed it?

ohanzee

It looked to me like the fish was rapidly taking line and the rod was pulled down, in they fraction of a second situations you don't have time to alter the angle of your rod, the line in the air says it all really.

Al

Yes noted, as I said in the original post, but we will go on forever with deprecating stuff because I said something that appeared to contradict the Cap'n.

Cap'n Fishy

'the fish bucked and dived and pulled the rod down. Bob let the line go before he got broke'

Yes - he let the line go before he got broke. Meaning, if he hadn't let the line go when he did, he would have got broke. But, thankfully, he let the line go when he did. And, thankfully, in doing so, he didn't get broke. FFS! I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition! :rolleyes:

Note to self... Go over everything you say, 3 times, to check for the slightest possibility of misinterpretations. Meanwhile... lose vs loose doesn't seem to be an issue? :unsure:

ohanzee

Al

It was actually just a general point in the passing, somewhere back before I roused ego's it seemed relevant to tippets breaking.

Cap'n Fishy

''a sudden requirement to let the line go before a break occurred - resulting in the line jumping up in the air''

:whistle:

What do you not get? He let the line go in the nick of time... otherwise he would have got broke. In other words, he let the line go before he got broke.

Jeezo!

Cap'n Fishy

Alan, you are literally taking the piss surely?
Definite case of the drugs dont work otherwise.
regards
Bert

You are right, Bert. Accusation of egos from someone who can give Donald Trump a run for his money on that subject... :rolleyes: