Unhappy camper.

ohanzee

A cruise sounds too much like a floating old folks home to me, a massive floating bus that drops you off in different places to wander about and buy junk before you go back for dinner and a glass of port.

Gone

A cruise sounds too much like a floating old folks home to me, a massive floating bus that drops you off in different places to wander about and buy junk before you go back for dinner and a glass of port.
Not so, I love cruises but I try never to get off the boat, there’s tons of stuff to do each & everyday. I enjoy meeting people from all lots in life. Never been bored on a cruise in fact I have gone a few times on the same cruise to Alaska up the inside passage. I made over 15 trips driving a commercial gill netter from Everett wa.to Skagway AK. & I still enjoy the boat ride to this day.

D

Deleted member 81051

We watched a program the other night about a cruise ship with more than 6000 passengers. Nightmare. I would hate to go on a cruise on a ship of any size.

Mrtrout

I never cease to be amazed how a post gets sabotaged on here, it starts with a disgruntled angler then goes to suitable vehicles to climb up a gradient in a holiday cottage (which was funny) to going on a cruise?
S.

PaulD

and here's the review -

The access to parking was terribly steep, with no prior warning given to those who had booked - certain vehicles, including my partner's Jaguar, could not access the drive. My larger SUV-type car managed to reverse up the access slope, but all sensor alarms were sounding - the front warning of hitting the road and the rear alerting to all the overgrown shrubs. On my third day, accepting the alarms and continuing to climb the rise I then hit the concealed gate-post and significantly damaged my car.
Familiar as I am with the 'extremities' of your drive I'm shocked your 'guest' managed to accommodate the rigours of the drive from Cenarth to Abercych with such a wild array of hills and corners! No doubt, when in your cottage, he stayed within the confines of its safety and didn't risk such adventures as the road junction leading to New Bridge!

Last edited:

bonefishblues

I notice there's a new review from a Mr R Messner, an Italian gentleman seemingly who does, I must say, tend to indicate the truth of the matter:

I am staying many years at this cottage of Wales. Many times I am climbing Peaks in the world of 8,000 metres but this challenge of path to the cottage is equal. Many times I try this ascent but become pushed back about no footholds on its concrete slope.
Four times there is mountain rescue for me because I am defeated and there is danger of drowning from rain falling so many.
I am speaking to the owner and his lady but he is only talking about sewins many times and saying that it is a Wales for fish. I am not understanding this man and why he is doing these things and not doing the climbings of his drive which is true challenge for men.
I am returning again for these challenges and bringing Mr Bonington with me for a next visit.
Your friend, Reinhold

ohanzee

Downtown LLandudno is the UK's center of wild goat breeding apparently, due to lockdown they were not spayed or whatever and the quiet streets meant...bins = goat food, following an emergency meeting LLandudno council have decided to keep the goats and remove the people.

I made some of that up.

bonefishblues

Downtown LLandudno is the UK's center of wild goat breeding apparently, due to lockdown they were not spayed or whatever and the quiet streets meant...bins = goat food, following an emergency meeting LLandudno council have decided to keep the goats and remove the people.

I made some of that up.
You saw it all from the ship I guess?

Overmiwadrers

You cant beat a good Cruise we should have been on one last December which is now re arranged for next Christmas so fat chance of that happening as well . Get of at interesting places and buy tat you dont need. On board it is Great fun winding up the Americans, We were on a table for eight last time out Me and the Mrs , a Canadian couple and two American couples . One of the Americans laughingly commented that was my wife left handed because she had her fork in the left hand ( dont know why ) anyway when I pointed out that the civilised world all ate like that using knife and fork at the same time , assuring them that all our kids had mastered the art before they went to primary school. It all got a bit heated after that , I did notice that the head waiter always managed to find us a table for two for the rest of the trip ... Oh and then there was the incident in the lift my wife is still cross with me about that , I still say it wasnt my fault that the fat american woman got her arse trapped in the doors when i pressed the close button........

O M W