Unhappy camper.

diawl bach

tottally strange I have memories of not even noticing the slope on arivall in the green ashtray (peugot 406)
Cheers Andy!
I'd put this down to your zen-like ability to drive a car through a ten foot opening without hitting a gatepost 😃

Mrtrout

You cant beat a good Cruise we should have been on one last December which is now re arranged for next Christmas so fat chance of that happening as well . Get of at interesting places and buy tat you dont need. On board it is Great fun winding up the Americans, We were on a table for eight last time out Me and the Mrs , a Canadian couple and two American couples . One of the Americans laughingly commented that was my wife left handed because she had her fork in the left hand ( dont know why ) anyway when I pointed out that the civilised world all ate like that using knife and fork at the same time , assuring them that all our kids had mastered the art before they went to primary school. It all got a bit heated after that , I did notice that the head waiter always managed to find us a table for two for the rest of the trip ... Oh and then there was the incident in the lift my wife is still cross with me about that , I still say it wasnt my fault that the fat american woman got her arse trapped in the doors when i pressed the close button........

O M W
I always find it strange that people who have never been on a cruise condemn them, my sisters the same, wouldn’t dream of one.
Having been on a few I can confirm they were fantastic, probably the most luxurious and restful holidays ever, and I’ve been to some great hotels world wide.
Step aboard a big ship and within minutes you are being treated like royalty, nothing is too much trouble for them.
The food is exceptional and the wine, sitting on deck after dinner enjoying a decent coffee and brandy whilst the warm sea air passes over you en route to another country while you sleep in your luxury berth.
My only advice is always go fully inclusive with drinks, and treat your chamber maid with respect and you’ll get back twice the cost.
S.

ohanzee

You cant beat a good Cruise we should have been on one last December which is now re arranged for next Christmas so fat chance of that happening as well . Get of at interesting places and buy tat you dont need. On board it is Great fun winding up the Americans, We were on a table for eight last time out Me and the Mrs , a Canadian couple and two American couples . One of the Americans laughingly commented that was my wife left handed because she had her fork in the left hand ( dont know why ) anyway when I pointed out that the civilised world all ate like that using knife and fork at the same time , assuring them that all our kids had mastered the art before they went to primary school. It all got a bit heated after that , I did notice that the head waiter always managed to find us a table for two for the rest of the trip ... Oh and then there was the incident in the lift my wife is still cross with me about that , I still say it wasnt my fault that the fat american woman got her arse trapped in the doors when i pressed the close button........

O M W

Do Americans not hold their fork in the left hand? this thread is a series of revelations!

Paul_B

I always find it strange that people who have never been on a cruise condemn them, my sisters the same, wouldn’t dream of one.
Having been on a few I can confirm they were fantastic, probably the most luxurious and restful holidays ever, and I’ve been to some great hotels world wide.
Step aboard a big ship and within minutes you are being treated like royalty, nothing is too much trouble for them.
The food is exceptional and the wine, sitting on deck after dinner enjoying a decent coffee and brandy whilst the warm sea air passes over you en route to another country while you sleep in your luxury berth.
My only advice is always go fully inclusive with drinks, and treat your chamber maid with respect and you’ll get back twice the cost.
S.

The chap next door to me went on a couple each year and loved them, he loved getting dressed up for dinner and for the night time entertainment (someone dropped on when his clothes wet to the charity shop), no parking problems for him as he had a chuffer driver limousine to the port or airport.

I've never fancied them, however I'm going to have a cruise on the Waverley one day, almost did it but the boiler sprung a leak that year, now its road worthy again, and when we can get back up there I'll try again.

Road worthy :unsure:

Overmiwadrers

Do Americans not hold their fork in the left hand? this thread is a series of revelations!
They chop up their food with a knife or the side of the fork. Then scoop it into their mouths with a fork held in their right hand... Whilst talking loadly and showing you photos of their fat kids on their iphones with their left hands....

its not a pretty sight ,

As for cruises did I tell you we got mugged in Barcelona and I had my watch stolen I tell you they are one highlight after another

O M W

ohanzee

They chop up their food with a knife or the side of the fork. Then scoop it into their mouths with a fork held in their right hand... Whilst talking loadly and showing you photos of their fat kids on their iphones with their left hands....

its not a pretty sight ,

As for cruises did I tell you we got mugged in Barcelona and I had my watch stolen I tell you they are one highlight after another

O M W

I expect the muggers of every port await the unloading of a cruise ship, it's a strangely convenient coming together of things.

williegunn

O M W
Sounds as if you were mugged when you paid for the tickets.

I was told a scam from Barcelona, a pretty young girl drops her purse of lose change and starts picking it up, everyone at the cafe rushes to help, leaving handbags on the table or chairs and men’s wallets hanging out of their trousers, the rest of the gang move in, when everyone turns round, the little girl has gone as has everyone’s valuables.

bobnudd

I know this has nothing to do with the original theme of this thread. I did a cruise some years back and it was best 3 months the wife and I have ever spent none stop fun

codyarrow

I tried fishing from the deck of the cruise ship but there was all these decking ropes and life boats in the way. You would think with the amount of money I spent the captain could have cut these things back making it easier for angling!
(Back on thread (y))

diawl bach

I know this has nothing to do with the original theme of this thread. I did a cruise some years back and it was best 3 months the wife and I have ever spent none stop fun
They let a nun on board?

Overmiwadrers

Sounds as if you were mugged when you paid for the tickets.

I was told a scam from Barcelona, a pretty young girl drops her purse of lose change and starts picking it up, everyone at the cafe rushes to help, leaving handbags on the table or chairs and men’s wallets hanging out of their trousers, the rest of the gang move in, when everyone turns round, the little girl has gone as has everyone’s valuables.
In our case it was a little more unpleasant

OMW

Gone

I never cease to be amazed how a post gets sabotaged on here, it starts with a disgruntled angler then goes to suitable vehicles to climb up a gradient in a holiday cottage (which was funny) to going on a cruise?
S.
I might suggest the disgruntlEd camper goes on a cruise, it would eliminate the driving problems or perhaps get a car with the steering wheel on the proper side of the car. cheers !

Latest posts