Upper Witham

karlbird

I have been very lucky to accompany a friend on a guest ticket twice in the last few weeks to GAAFF sections - a truly beautiful, well kept river and some cracking fish! I’d definitely join if I wasn’t moving away.

Newark piscatorial and Scunthorpe amalgamated have sections a bit further downstream.

sculpin_crusader

I have been very lucky to accompany a friend on a guest ticket twice in the last few weeks to GAAFF sections - a truly beautiful, well kept river and some cracking fish! I’d definitely join if I wasn’t moving away.

Newark piscatorial and Scunthorpe amalgamated have sections a bit further downstream.

They have fantastic waters with the added bonus of the coarse sections lower down. I’ve had some truly amazing catches and witnessed others too including a 4lb wild trout and seen pictures of some over five. The club represents great value for money too.

sculpin_crusader

I’ll just keep the replies to this thread as I’ve realised I’m replying to two of the same.

I’ve fished both lengths, more coarse fishing at Long Bennington including some good barbel rather than fly fishing.

The Witham can get quite weedy in the middle of the summer but there are lots of good sections to go at and quite a lot of the fishing can be sighted.

William Hurst

I’ll just keep the replies to this thread as I’ve realised I’m replying to two of the same.

I’ve fished both lengths, more coarse fishing at Long Bennington including some good barbel rather than fly fishing.

The Witham can get quite weedy in the middle of the summer but there are lots of good sections to go at and quite a lot of the fishing can be sighted.
There use to be some good roach I don't know if they are still there .I used to fish around claypole with mash bread and flake

William Hurst

Do you see any grayling ?