Usk Reservoir, Carmarthenshire

WelshOsprey

All the best Mark for this season on the Usk. Have seen how this fishery can perform and it can be superb.:thumbs:

cheekz

fish the usk about twice a month went up on the open day this year and caught 2 fish on my first cast had my bag and so did my two mates also talking to a few boys with boats said that a few boats had been pushed in

invicta135

Been out on the boat 5 times this year so far . Plenty of fish caught all up the top end on a di3 and fisheed slow and deep

Regards Mark

invicta135

Been out on the boat 4 times in June plenty of fish taking the dries mostly up the top end best fly bibio hopper

Regards Mark

WelshOsprey

Been out on the boat 4 times in June plenty of fish taking the dries mostly up the top end best fly bibio hopper

Regards Mark

Great to get a report Mark. If I get the chance to ever get out fishing again at this rate, I'll head up there along the top bank with the bibio hoppers I tied up after my last trip there with you.:thumbs:

invicta135

Just had the prices for the coming season and they are the same as last season. Cost for a day ticket is £17.00 for 6 fish and the cost of putting a boat on £195.00 for the season.
Tight Lines
Mark

invicta135

Hi All
Going up tomorrow Fri 26th tried a couple of times this year but the bitterly cold easterlies have made it really difficult to say the least. I'll post tomorrow or Sat on how I get on.
Regards Mark

invicta135

Fished it on Friday plenty of fish came to the boat all down deep up the top end although a few fish were starting to move on top.

Regards Mark

invicta135

Have to wait awhile yet Stu went up again yesterday loads of fish but all down deep on the dreaded boobies,but all in really good condition.

Regards Mark

springwell

Thread resurrection!

Fished it yesterday . Hot and sunny and hard work. Rainbows weren't interested, so tried for brownies, had one on a ptn and that was it.

Talking to bank anglers there are problems with night lines, illegal fishing, poaching, camp fires etc. Shame as it is such a nice place in the fly only area.

Be aware the road to the tower is full of deep pot holes.

Still I had a nice day out and a good hike.