Venues for next week - advice appreciated

ian1104

Afternoon all,

I was meant to be fishing for salmon in Northumberland next week. Unfortunately, the rivers are drier than a camel's armpit.

I've booked the week off work so will look to go elsewhere. Can anyone recommend some venues within a couple of hours of North Wales?

Ideally I'm looking for lakes where I can take a boat out for wild brownies rather than rainbows. I also have a float tube so if no boats are available I'll happy to take the tube out.

I'd rather not go to Teifi Pools, Cwellyn, Dywarchen, Padarn or Nantlle as I've fished these before and although all great venues , I'd rather try somewhere different.

I'll be very grateful of any recommendations.

Thank you
Ian

Elwyman

Hi, have you tried Coron on Anglesey? It sounds ideal for a float tube and you might even get an early sea trout.😉
Brenig opens on Monday, not many brownies but it should fish well.

ian1104

Thanks Elwyman,, I've booked Brenig for Thursday.... Coron has also been on my list for a while! Have you fished it?

Elwyman

Thanks Elwyman,, I've booked Brenig for Thursday.... Coron has also been on my list for a while! Have you fished it?
I haven't but a friend told me that it can be good......access around the banks sounds quite tricky, so a tube could be a bonus.

diawl bach

Afternoon all,

I was meant to be fishing for salmon in Northumberland next week. Unfortunately, the rivers are drier than a camel's armpit.

I've booked the week off work so will look to go elsewhere. Can anyone recommend some venues within a couple of hours of North Wales?

Ideally I'm looking for lakes where I can take a boat out for wild brownies rather than rainbows. I also have a float tube so if no boats are available I'll happy to take the tube out.

I'd rather not go to Teifi Pools, Cwellyn, Dywarchen, Padarn or Nantlle as I've fished these before and although all great venues , I'd rather try somewhere different.

I'll be very grateful of any recommendations.

Thank you
Ian
Nant Y Moch gives the Pools a run for their money, a remote and wonderful place, tickets from petrol station at Pont-erwyd. Up there for a fortnight soon, counting the days!

ian1104

Nant Y Moch gives the Pools a run for their money, a remote and wonderful place, tickets from petrol station at Pont-erwyd. Up there for a fortnight soon, counting the days!
Looks very nice, thank you. I've decided to go to the lake district for a night and fish a couple of small tarns, but Nant y Moch will definitely be added to my list. Diolch

dgp

Has crossed my mind! Have you fished it? I've heard a lot about it... Mainly good
Yes . Sometimes challenging and there is a lot of info on here if you search vyrnwy updates. As for Coron I think the fishing has deteriorated a lot. kNow a couple of people who have given up membership since the cormorants have taken their toll !