Vision Hero nymph

Mrwayne

Anyone tried these rods or have an idea how the nymph version compares to the nymphmaniac? I was looking to pick one up as a backup to the nymphmaniac which is broken.

roger h 10

Anyone tried these rods or have an idea how the nymph version compares to the nymphmaniac? I was looking to pick one up as a backup to the nymphmaniac which is broken.
I've been looking at these myself but at the moment there are only #3 weights available. According to the Guide Fishing website all models should be available from 15th of May

Mrwayne

I can report back. The Vision Hero #3 nymph is pretty similar to the Nymphmaniac #4 as expected.

Nymphmaniac is when viewed side to side the "better" nymph rod. It has a more sensitive tip, can cast lighter beads. However I kept the Hero alongside the Nymphmaniac and I'm really impressed with it. Reasons are:

1. Price, good for a backup rod too as I broke my nymphmaniac not so long ago and didn't have a proper spare.
2. Has a fighting but whereas 10ft nymphmaniac does not, nice touch.
3. Has penultant snake guide just like a proper nymph rod.
4. Not as sensitive in the tip but this means it can cast a fly line better than a pure nymph rod so is better as an all around small river rod. This makes it my go-to rod for summer UK fishing where switching between dry and nymph is important.
5. First guide is in the correct position for nymph rod, nice touch again.
6. Has a similar super-thin grip, again a nice touch.
7. Downloicking reel seat is different than the 10ft nymphmaniac which is uplocking, nice touch.
8. Looks pretty damn good for the price, i prefer matt black rods but this was something different and I like it.

You could do a lot worse, and i mean a lot than the Vision Hero and factor in the price i honestly reckon it's impossible to beat. I hope Vision are reading this and decide to add to the Hero line.