Vision Hopper Gummi, studs?

glosterboy

I've had these boots for a few years now and they're holding up well.
Is it safe to fit studs to them and if so can anyone recommend some please.

Never really had an issue with grip until yesterday, I was fishing a different river with large slick rocks and just never felt secure.

morayfisher

Trust Member
These are good.
Not a regular thread, they screw in more like a corkscrew and hold very well.

dave b

I use the Orvis/Snowbee/ Vision tungsten studs in vibram, (the studs are the same). Tried other studs but for me these are far superior and offer the best compromise over felt.

speytime

On the rocks you're describing I used plain felt for years, I've recently added a few studs to help on wet grass and mud.
_20200730_090548.JPG
I've studied boots in the past but always lost a number, imo most studs sit to high, that makes them more likely to be pulled out and it stops the rest of the sole around the stud areas from getting contact.
_20200730_090517.JPG
I picked up the above studs from GAC a few years ago but I can't remember what make they are? there only around 1.5/2mm high, I've done about 30hrs and not lost a stud.
The Snowbee tungsten above look nice and short they be my choice.

Al

teeser

On the rocks you're describing I used plain felt for years, I've recently added a few studs to help on wet grass and mud.
View attachment 29246
I've studied boots in the past but always lost a number, imo most studs sit to high, that makes them more likely to be pulled out and it stops the rest of the sole around the stud areas from getting contact.
View attachment 29247
I picked up the above studs from GAC a few years ago but I can't remember what make they are? there only around 1.5/2mm high, I've done about 30hrs and not lost a stud.
The Snowbee tungsten above look nice and short they be my choice.

Al
I've had these boots for a few years now and they're holding up well.
Is it safe to fit studs to them and if so can anyone recommend some please.

Never really had an issue with grip until yesterday, I was fishing a different river with large slick rocks and just never felt secure.
Best I use are off the Bay ice speedway tyre studs can't remember the name but I'm sure this will jog someones memory not pricy either

teeser

Best I use are off the Bay ice speedway tyre studs can't remember the name but I'm sure this will jog someones memory not pricy either
Koldcutters ice studs see I knew it would jog someone's memory

speytime

I looked at kold kutter on the link above, to my eyes they sit half the hight of screw that holds them?
I think that makes them inevitable to be lost as well as holding the area around the stud of the surface your trying to grip.

Al

esk

I had a pair of Sage boots years ago. Over time they began to fall apart. The only thing left in the end were the tungsten studs. Before binning the boots, I removed the studs and put them in my new boots (Hodgman). Two years later and they are still going strong.