Vision Waders?

sansul

Hi, any comments on Vision Waders? replacing current old pair of snowbee and have options to get either vision Atoms, vision hoppers or vision Koski.

Whats the thought?

thanks

treecutter

I have ikons, can't fault them.
Get intouch with Diver Dave Gordon on Facebook he normally has good deals on

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

sansul

Thanks, yes Dave's helping me as i bought my snobs off him some years ago, just never heard of vision, hence interested in which would be better

mrnotherone

Vision has a good reputation, I've only had one pair of them but they were fine. Ikons are now discontinued, replaced by Koski. No reason why they shouldn't be at least as good as the old Ikons. The worst waders I ever had were Snowbee, closely followed by Leeda.

pati

Hi

Had Vision Ghillie waders, good & tough ,quality stuff!

sansul

thinking of vision hoppers...seam to be middle of the range? not sure exactly what the difference is between Koski and hoppers, maybe its some pockets or something

mrnotherone

thinking of vision hoppers...seam to be middle of the range? not sure exactly what the difference is between Koski and hoppers, maybe its some pockets or something
Don't know, but look carefully as it's probably not just pockets. More likely to be the quality/thickness of the material, seams, socks etc ?

sansul

Vision Koski it is....came down to feet and the Hoppers shoes size as the Hoppers are a little larger and id prefer a good fit so Koski is it. The Koski also comes in short, standard, tall and king size, in every size. from info The hoppers are good waders, but given more people go for the Koski tipped my vote as they're a solid tough wader. Back to fishing once they arrive....and a big thanks to Diver Dave

original cormorant

From the investigation I did earlier this year vision seemed to be the only sensibly priced waders that had a comprehensive set of sizes and I suspect lots of people - me included buy vision for that reason. Also on here vision seem to always get good reviews. I bought Ikon on closeout sale in February then first time on in June I had a damp right leg after an hour in the water. I now have Koski but not at the great price the Ikons were.

squimp

I have ikons, my usual fishing mate has ikons and my partner has ikons. All good.

ano mate has free Simms top of the range waders and they leak. 3 pairs !

Mrtrout

Had my Ikons four years now, no leaks yet but the big front zip has jammed halfway up, so I can’t wade as deep as I could.
Im reluctant to buy another set until these leak, but when I do it’ll be the Koskis with front zip, it’s a much improved zip now as used by German police divers.
S.

Last edited:

Cam

My Greys are beginning to feel a little damp in the feet so I am guessiing they are on their way out.

The Vision Koskis with the zip looks like a good product at a reasonable price so they are on my wish list !!

Mrtrout

My Greys are beginning to feel a little damp in the feet so I am guessiing they are on their way out.

The Vision Koskis with the zip looks like a good product at a reasonable price so they are on my wish list !!
what’s the best price you’ve found Cam?
S.

Cam

I haven't started researching price yet. My foot isn't wet enough to force me into action yet !!

I'd like to try them on because i suspect I am in between sizes so I need to plan a trip to Mr Norris's

Mrtrout

I haven't started researching price yet. My foot isn't wet enough to force me into action yet !!

I'd like to try them on because i suspect I am in between sizes so I need to plan a trip to Mr Norris's
I enquired at Norris’s but none in stock, they did say they would get me some, but like you I want to try some on first.
S.

Cam

Cheapest on eBay is £275 plus £8 postage.
They only appear to do medium large XL and XXL.
My Ikons were medium short to suit 31” inside leg, nuisance really as poor fitting waders tend to cause leaks.
Review here in which he states he got medium Short https://flyculturemag.com/vision-koski-wader-review/

S.
If I cant try before buying I may have to order two pairs and send the poorest fitting ones back :)

william henry

I am on season 6 of my Vision Waders and Keeper Boots .
I wear mine typically 2-3 times a week and the waders but for two patches due to my own negligence are still holding up .
The Vision boots should have been retired a few months ago but I am determined to keep them going for this season .

sean freeman

Give Stuart at Fly Only a ring Steven and say I recommended him, he’ll look after you. Koski zips will be my next pair too. The Musta boots are very robust too.

Reactions: Cam