Vision Waders?

AndrewL

I have Hoppers and Ikons which I use with Vision boots - can’t fault any of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benisa

Cheapest on eBay is £275 plus £8 postage.
They only appear to do medium large XL and XXL.
My Ikons were medium short to suit 31” inside leg, nuisance really as poor fitting waders tend to cause leaks.
Review here in which he states he got medium Short https://flyculturemag.com/vision-koski-wader-review/

S.
S

give Danny a call at Sporstfish/ Hereford think they will match or better what ever you may get offered else where
order up 2 pairs and try them as home

Mrtrout

S

give Danny a call at Sporstfish/ Hereford think they will match or better what ever you may get offered else where
order up 2 pairs and try them as home
£299 ar Sportfish I think Dave, Norris’s is my best bet as I get 20% off.
not ready yet until these Ikons start leaking.
S.

Reactions: Cam

benisa

£299 ar Sportfish I think Dave, Norris’s is my best bet as I get 20% off.
not ready yet until these Ikons start leaking.
S.
S

Noted
for me sports fish are better as can send them back for free
am sure the will match the price when I get pair end month
otherwise will be knocking on yr door to get them for me ;)

delray

Has anyone tried the Vass Breathable waders? They come with a boot and stocking foot, but I can't recall anyone on here mentioning them although the pvc/rubber or whatever they are always seem to get good comments.

edit; wow, £250 or so, just looked.

Uncas

Has anyone tried the Vass Breathable waders? They come with a boot and stocking foot, but I can't recall anyone on here mentioning them although the pvc/rubber or whatever they are always seem to get good comments.

edit; wow, £250 or so, just looked.
Cheaper than the Vision ikons.

Mrtrout

S.

jack_russell

I had a pair of ikons in 2013 as Father's day present - still have them & I do alot of walking/wading - they are now starting to get a bit "thin" from wear, I'll be looking to replace them with the same - although I bet they are not made the same as they were 7 years ago ..

Last edited:

Mrtrout

Just received a brochure from Vass, they don’t do a zip front stocking foot wader, and they start at £269.95 a pair.
They look very industrial to me, perhaps not a bad thing but I don’t like the look, and I must have a zip now.
So it’s back to the Koskis for me I think.
S.

benisa

Just received a brochure from Vass, they don’t do a zip front stocking foot wader, and they start at £269.95 a pair.
They look very industrial to me, perhaps not a bad thing but I don’t like the look, and I must have a zip now.
S.
Taken the words straight out my mouth " Industrail " thats b what I thought when looking at the link, think would be great for salt water/beach fishing

delray

S.
Thanks Steven. Yep, cheap they are not and I must admit to not caring what stuff looks like as long as I'm not returning it within months and hopefully the 5 layer construction plus knee reinforcement will do the business. A local tackle (not trout stuff) shop has told me he'll order in 2 or 3 pairs, whatever I think may fit and do as competitive deal as he is able on the ones I choose. Over the phone he did seem surprised at the cost....I told him to check out Simms G4's.

Mrtrout

Thanks Steven. Yep, cheap they are not and I must admit to not caring what stuff looks like as long as I'm not returning it within months and hopefully the 5 layer construction plus knee reinforcement will do the business. A local tackle (not trout stuff) shop has told me he'll order in 2 or 3 pairs, whatever I think may fit and do as competitive deal as he is able on the ones I choose. Over the phone he did seem surprised at the cost....I told him to check out Simms G4's.
I’d try them if they did a zip front Del.
S.

mike fox

I've had Vision waders for many years, but they have developed a pin ***** hole in the right knee and darned if i can find it to repair it so I have just purchased the Orvis Pro wader. I can't fault Vision but just fancied a change to see if the extra cost of Orvis is money well spent.

Mrtrout

I've had Vision waders for many years, but they have developed a pin ***** hole in the right knee and darned if i can find it to repair it so I have just purchased the Orvis Pro wader. I can't fault Vision but just fancied a change to see if the extra cost of Orvis is money well spent.
What did they work out at Mike.?
S.

sean freeman

My vision scouts were successfully repaired on the right knee but then the left knee started leaking and the back of the right knee today.. I’ll be trying my best to locate the weak point tonight as I’d like another season from them. They may be relegated to urban fishing waders when I get a new pair though.

mike fox

My vision scouts were successfully repaired on the right knee but then the left knee started leaking and the back of the right knee today.. I’ll be trying my best to locate the weak point tonight as I’d like another season from them. They may be relegated to urban fishing waders when I get a new pair though.
Exactly the same spot with mine; back of the right knee. How old are yours?

sean freeman

Exactly the same spot with mine; back of the right knee. How old are yours?
Would have been two years old in late June, probably have 150 fishing days on them to be fair and on some rough banks too. I reckon I can make them last until the new season and then I’ll get Koski zips. I’m going to cover the legs in patches and see how it holds up.

mike fox

Would have been two years old in late June, probably have 150 fishing days on them to be fair and on some rough banks too. I reckon I can make them last until the new season and then I’ll get Koski zips. I’m going to cover the legs in patches and see how it holds up.
Mine would have had the same amount of ware. I wonder if that is their life span?

Latest posts