Vision Waders?

Scotty Mitchell

I know what you mean S, but a zips a zip?
S.
I know.. I know.....i saw some shocking leaks on the first Airflo zip waders and it really put me off, Vision really seem to have it sussed.
Bison may well have also...... Yet another gamble 😁

Edit - One thing is that Fishing Mad are superb to deal with if there is an issue

Mrtrout

S
you can always try them out
what have you got to loose only a wet leg :sick:
A mate had some years ago, he abused them by leaving them crumpled up wet in the boot of his car, he had four years out of them.
S.

speytime

I could well be wrong but I suspect a pair of £100\150 waders seam sealed would give you the best vfm.
I'm astounded at near 4 years without a problem but imo it's clearly nothing to do with the brand, I think it's due to me sealing them from 3/4 weeks old along with not crawling up and down banks or the likes.
I wore them long enough to know there wasn't any major issues then aquasure + toluene the seams, I reckon if I'd done the seams on the outside of the sock they'd be good for another 4 years.
_20200822_144235.JPG
And still waterproof.
To repeat a phrase I read on the sff "it's so simple to do there's no excuse for not doing it" that's a fair comment I think.
The next waders I buy will have a zip, the 1st pair of breathables I bought were airflo zip lock, having a zip saves me all the hassle of unloading my wading staff, jacket, waist pack, wading belt then the straps of the waders by this time I'm nearly peeing myself, it's a hassle so you put it of until the point that a jammed zipper could mean trouble 😂
Scotty Mitchell I'd be interested to hear what you think of the bison I think there made in China the same place as simms 😁

Al

Mrtrout

I could well be wrong but I suspect a pair of £100\150 waders seam sealed would give you the best vfm.
I'm astounded at near 4 years without a problem but imo it's clearly nothing to do with the brand, I think it's due to me sealing them from 3/4 weeks old along with not crawling up and down banks or the likes.
I wore them long enough to know there wasn't any major issues then aquasure + toluene the seams, I reckon if I'd done the seams on the outside of the sock they'd be good for another 4 years.
View attachment 30050
And still waterproof.
To repeat a phrase I read on the sff "it's so simple to do there's no excuse for not doing it" that's a fair comment I think.
The next waders I buy will have a zip, the 1st pair of breathables I bought were airflo zip lock, having a zip saves me all the hassle of unloading my wading staff, jacket, waist pack, wading belt then the straps of the waders by this time I'm nearly peeing myself, it's a hassle so you put it of until the point that a jammed zipper could mean trouble 😂
Scotty Mitchell I'd be interested to hear what you think of the bison I think there made in China the same place as simms 😁

Al
I was also told that by the fishing mad company in Scotland.
S.

mebu

New Koski waders arrived today. Would try them out tomorrow, but unfortunately, they do not come with snorkel attached.

Peter

Mrtrout

New Koski waders arrived today. Would try them out tomorrow, but unfortunately, they do not come with snorkel attached.

Peter
what do you think of them Peter, and what deal did you manage on them.
S.

mebu

Bit early to say yet Steven, may be a few days before our river is fishing. At this stage they seem not much different to the other Vision Ikon zips, with a few pockets and loops.
Got a deal from Sportfish....shopped around, everyone asked £299.99 (GAC +£30 higher) but they gave me 15% which made a difference.

Peter

Reactions: Cam

Mrtrout

Called in to Norris’s today to try on the Koski zip fronts, the ones I tried were a tad long for me so they are ordering some more for me.
RRP £299.99 my price £240, cheaper than Uttings so I’ll get some there.
S.

Mrtrout

so its not to normal Joe Blocks then
will give them a call and see what they offer
theyll give you a discount of some sort I’m sure, but you need to be a member of either ApplebyAA or Penrith AA to get the 20%.
S.

Latest posts