Vision Waders?

benisa

just checked Norris,s quoted £299 no discount for Joe Blocks as S has said only if you belong to a local club
so have brought them from sport fish for £254. 14
thats £211.79 with out vat , so what do they get them from vision for £150 would think no more

Spider

It does seem that waders are a risky purchase. We have zero control over what we are getting, yet will spend ages reading reviews or waggling or casting a 100€ rod. I have 3 pairs of Taimens on the go now, I generally only use 1-2. Both have been to see Diver Dave but I really need to learn how to fix my own because it's 65 sterling per repair every season, sometimes both waders getting fixed each season.

benisa

Lot my new Vision waders, they seam a big baggy in the leg/ length where as the old style was more of a snug fit
will see how they go

Mrtrout

Lot my new Vision waders, they seam a big baggy in the leg/ length where as the old style was more of a snug fit
will see how they go
Thats just what I thought Dave, my Ikons were MS but the Koskis in MS were baggy? I’ve ordered another size yet to try them.
S.

benisa

i got both sizes M + MS
the MS are better but the feet fill a bit strange on the heel so am sending them both back and asking for a second pair MS to see any difference
then looking in Aladdin,s cave ( the loft ) came across a pair of Zipped snowbee waders
was brought as a present some years ago

I wonder what else I have up there :unsure:

SirHarryLewis

Fell on rocks in my new Kylebookers. Have a hole in it now and I have mislaid the repair kit.

Do I need neoprene strips as well as aquasure?

jbe3

The best waders I have owned were Vision Rapidor zipped which lasted me over 10 years, this included a visit to Diver Dave after I got my leg trapped between some rocks causing a tear. Great value and very comfortable waders. The Vision rep at a GAC Open Day described them as 'bomb proof'. So why did they stop making them? The replacements seemed expensive. Since then I've mostly used Scierra waders buying them when on offer; bootfoot waist waders for trout and the boat, stocking foot chest for salmon fishing. I recon you get about 2 1/2 seasons out of them depending on use and they are ok. I do miss the zip in the chesties, when needing to take a piss. Do you get what you pay for? I have friends who have had to send back high spec Simms as they were leaking and was recently warned off a bargain zipped breathable as every pair the shop had sold were returned as the zip was not watertight.

Mrtrout

i got both sizes M + MS
the MS are better but the feet fill a bit strange on the heel so am sending them both back and asking for a second pair MS to see any difference
then looking in Aladdin,s cave ( the loft ) came across a pair of Zipped snowbee waders
was brought as a present some years ago

I wonder what else I have up there :unsure:
Id love just twenty minutes in your attic Dave. :LOL:
S.

mebu

will see how they go
Yes I agree that they do seem quite baggy at the knee (think I posted that a few posts ago) not sure if this may give rise to early wear, although no seam there. Have to be a bit more careful with brambles etc.

Peter

benisa

Sent my 2 pairs back and got a small
Great on the legs/feet but found then too tight on the chest when zipped up, only had a tee shirt on any think else would have been like wearing a straight jacket

so sending them back will try a second pair MS and see how they go
just do not think they have got the sizing correct

mebu

I think I'd agree with that....will be interested to see how MS fit.

Peter

Mrtrout

Sent my 2 pairs back and got a small
Great on the legs/feet but found then too tight on the chest when zipped up, only had a tee shirt on any think else would have been like wearing a straight jacket

so sending them back will try a second pair MS and see how they go
Tubby. :LOL: :LOL:
S.

benisa

Can do that easy.
S.
you may even find that Orvis reel up there ??????????????

counted 8 prs or was it 9 prs waders and just as many wading boots not including the 5 prs salt water ones
Used to have a Friend in the fishing pro side

benisa

im a 38” chest, but loads of spare room with a thick fleece on?
S.
maybe mine are not correct sizing
i think they are good waders, just the sizes are bit higgly pigly

Last edited:

light olive

It does seem that waders are a risky purchase. We have zero control over what we are getting, yet will spend ages reading reviews or waggling or casting a 100€ rod. I have 3 pairs of Taimens on the go now, I generally only use 1-2. Both have been to see Diver Dave but I really need to learn how to fix my own because it's 65 sterling per repair every season, sometimes both waders getting fixed each season.
You have to think of waders as a disposable item. Like leader material or fly lines they will become damaged or degrade sooner or later.
You then have to ask yourself the question, how much am I prepared to pay for a disposable item. £60 for cheapies or £600 for Simms and the like.
Barbed wire fences do not differentiate between cheap and expensive. Mid range types like Vision waders have suited me well.