Vosseler reels

Hardrar

I just thought I’d put this up for information.
I’ve gathered many many reels up over the years and quite a view of Ralf Vosselers’. I honestly feel they are as good or better than anything else out there. Type 2 anodised, not one sharp edge, brilliant ergonomics, silky smooth waterproof drags and a perfect weight, neither too light nor too heavy and utterly reliable. I have a vast number of reels, but use these or Ari’s the most.
Front row, DC 2 (#1-4) DC 3 (#5/6) and DC 4 (#6/8)
Back silver DC 2(mk 1). Current DC 2 #5/6 and RC 3 #5-8
never let me down once. The RC 3 is the best and smoothest click drag I’ve ever used.
I would recommend any of this range if you’re looking for a new reel.
94EA3EAE-CE07-41FE-AF75-60312C75E414.jpeg

DD160FF7-9592-456C-BC05-7FE175E582E5.jpeg

Mrtrout

On your RC3 how many of the clickers did you fit if any.?
I had just one to stop overrun but found it made pulling line from the spool stiff.
S.

Hardrar

They use a really thick waterproof grease and mine was also really stiff with just one ball in, so I degreased everything and put a dab of light all temperature waterproof grease on, now it only just gives enough tension to prevent an over run. You can spin the spool freely.
The Grease seems to thicken with age, more like tar in consistency.
The DC series have the same grease and I always degrease the bearings and reapply either a thin ptfe/silicone grease or waterproof cycle chain oil- they then spin very freely.

Last edited: