Waders - Gillie wear.

tangled

Most guides I know complain about the conditions for fishing!

Oh sure, explaining that the reason their client isn't catching is due to the weather or the water or the position of Jupiter in relation to Saturn is their top moan :cool:

Estate agents I know all drive Range Rovers, but then, a different type of estate agent I suppose!
Horses for courses.

Yeh, It's probably Range Rovers in London now too.

I still have the image of an Argentinian guide hopping around on one leg because his SIMMS waders were leaking. He had another week to go before season end so was hanging - hopping - on. Guido the guido, lovely lad.

taffy1

The only Simms I possess are a pair of their, long discontinued, 3mm neoprene waders. Picked them up for about £80 some 20+ years ago. Still fully functional but not been worn for about 10+ years. Perhaps my son or grandson can sell them on as antique collectables, who knows?

andygrey

The biggest single deciding factor for wader durability is fit.
Buy a £800 pair of Simms that are too tight and you'll stress the seams in no time you'll end up with a wet leg... Buy a pair of cheapos that fit properly and they may well last a few seasons.
Dave Gordon (aka Diver Dave) is probably the most knowledgable person on the planet regarding all things waders. His favourites... Vision, his thoughts on Simms 'Expensive American rubbish...'.
Being in the unenviable situation of having to have several pairs of client waders on the go plus of course my own I've pretty much settled on Visions as the most reliable and cost effective ones.