Wading Jacket

D

Deleted member 90002

I do have a chip on my shoulder when it comes to spending on kit just to look like I belong in select company (the banks of the Kennet, top quality estate in Hampshire).
But thanks for your analogy, it rather reinforces my point, not Boisker's. I still think I can tell, more times than not but I admit this is a judgemental position and I must try harder.
Maybe some 'unconsciius bias' training is in order 😂
Similar to gut reaction we all do it we all judge. Just not all tell the world they are doing it.. 😜😜

Tangled

You would be mad to go for Airflo sieve wear over something designed to actually keep you dry.
Well that's just prejudiced bollox...

I have an Airflo wading jacket - cost me £50 a couple of years ago. I wore it in Russia for 8 hours per day, for 6 days of straightforward, cold, wet, windy, filthy weather. It kept me perfectly dry. One of the guys with us had a SIMMS something-or-other that leaked half way through day 1. He wore a pack-a-mack plastic thing over it for the rest of the week.

pentlandflyman

Well that's just prejudiced bollox...

I have an Airflo wading jacket - cost me £50 a couple of years ago. I wore it in Russia for 8 hours per day, for 6 days of straightforward, cold, wet, windy, filthy weather. It kept me perfectly dry. One of the guys with us had a SIMMS something-or-other that leaked half way through day 1. He wore a pack-a-mack plastic thing over it for the rest of the week.
It's not, it's from experience and from feedback from friends that stopped selling it because of the high returns. I was stupid enough to buy a range of their clothing once and it was useless. Maybe they have improved things recently but I wouldn't buy anything airflo to keep me dry...including their waders!

You got lucky imo, there will be many an angler all over the country that will back me up about airflo sieve wear.

D

Deleted member 90002

It's not, it's from experience and from feedback from friends that stopped selling it because of the high returns. I was stupid enough to buy a range of their clothing once and it was useless. Maybe they have improved things recently but I wouldn't buy anything airflo to keep me dry...including their waders!

You got lucky imo, there will be many an angler all over the country that will back me up about airflo sieve wear.
Sounds similar to their floating lines. On occasion they produce a few good uns.. Most of the time sh4te..

sean freeman

I don’t understand the obsession with some on here of putting down people who like quality gear? No one who fishes with quality stuff on here even forces it onto anyone or says it’s better! God forbid you suggest a nice rod to someone who asks about one, a conversation that usually ends up with sneers and being recommended a dozen cheaper alternatives that won’t make you look like a mug who can’t fish with his expensive gear apparently.
Live and let live, it’s literally reverse snobbery, as though you’re better if you fish with cheaper kit.

sean freeman

Fair point. As long as it IS quality and not just expensive.....
I think it’s hard to find a bad fishing rod at any price point now, maybe the odd dog in some ranges but something you or I hate, someone else will adore. I’m glad there is choice for everyone, fly fishing doesn’t have to be expensive and I know when I was young and couldn’t afford the top stuff it was aspirational to me, something I wanted to own.

I’ve got all my gear is pretty refined now, I just have a weakness for collecting nice reels.

Latest posts