Wales

Rob Edmunds

Hi

What's the score in Wales at the moment??

I ask because I have accommodation booked for the end of July and 3 days boats fishing on Brenig.

Is that ok or is Wales still under a different lockdown ???......

I guess its probably best to ask this question around July 27th a day or do before I intend to travel

mrnotherone

Non-essential travel is still limited to 5 miles from home, but for most in rural areas this is not practical and ignored. The Welsh Government has made no official announcement as to when the five-mile rule may be lifted. Reports suggest the rule will be lifted on July 6, but they have yet to announce this.

Police are stopping people coming across the border, when obviously not for work. A lot of fisheries have reopened, for local use, but not all so worth checking.

I would be surprised if you were not allowed to visit by the end of July, but frankly who knows...

sean freeman

I’m hoping to fish in remote parts of Wales again next month but my real aim is getting to Scotland for a camping/fishing trip. There’s mention of them limiting travel between England and Scotland due to our R rate and Wales have been recommended to do the same.
I wouldn’t blame them with the way England has handled it but at the same time they need to make the most of tourism before summer is gone.
Strange times.

mrnotherone

mrnotherone - Some of us in rural Wales have managed to stick to 5 miles!
I'm sure some have, but it's a little difficult when my father (91 and shielding) who I have to shop for is 15 miles away, our nearest supermarket is 8 miles, my wife's GP practice is 16 miles and I now have to get my daughter to her school (in England) 22 miles away as they can't run the normal transport.

icaughtafishonce

I'm sure some have, but it's a little difficult when my father (91 and shielding) who I have to shop for is 15 miles away, our nearest supermarket is 8 miles, my wife's GP practice is 16 miles and I now have to get my daughter to her school (in England) 22 miles away as they can't run the normal transport.
That's fair enough. I'm fortunate enough that there's enough shops in town that we don't have to bother. Other family members are fortunately in a similar boat. Obviously work doesn't count, I've had to do a 36 mile trog into work once so far.

The Barbless Crook.

Hi Rob,
If you get in touch with Brenig and give them your e mail address, they will send you a weekly mail with whats going on ." Better from the horses mouth", I've been twice this last week with no trouble, and I live just over the border in Shropshire. The only problem might be your accommodation.
T.B.C.

snow white

I have fished Brenig twice in the last week and I live 40 miles away still in Wales only on bank on my own so what’s the problem with that not spoken to anybody there the lads I know that fish it just put there hands up to acknowledge you and they are on there own

GEK79

I’m hoping to fish in remote parts of Wales again next month but my real aim is getting to Scotland for a camping/fishing trip. There’s mention of them limiting travel between England and Scotland due to our R rate and Wales have been recommended to do the same.
I wouldn’t blame them with the way England has handled it but at the same time they need to make the most of tourism before summer is gone.
Strange times.
My father lives in North Wales he packs his gear and leaves at 4 in the morning he heads through the hills where he might encounter sheep and horses if he goes to Conmy nearest town he would be mixing with a huge amount of people if your sensible don't go meeting in huge groups then fishing shouldn't be a problem
. Thousands of people sat on a beach is a problem.. A few anglers keeping their distance really isn't..
Gary

ian1104

Hi Rob,

It is expected that the first minister for Wales will announce today the removal of the 5 mile travel restrictions in Wales.

If you're on Facebook, Llyn Brenig has it's own page with updates. This is their latest:

"Following the latest WG announcements, details of the next phase of re-opening will be posted soon".

I'd expect by the 27th July that you will be ok! But better check nearer the time.

Ian

squimp

News at 1pm today said that (Welsh) accommodation will be allowed to open after about July 12th.

LiamJasonfisher007

People shielding can also be included but the first minister warned that if they join an extended household it "will increase their risk of being exposed" to coronavirus.

Last edited:

glas y dorlan

Rob, as it stands whilst typing this, cafe is open at the lake but take away only. Boats have to be booked online. Link here:
Quite a large number of fish were put into the lake in one go a few weeks ago due to uncertainty over season and it’s fishing well.

glas y dorlan

No idea sorry, but I suspect it will be like other establishments in Wales - take away only at this moment.

Latest posts