Wales

sewinbasher

Hi Rob,

It is expected that the first minister for Wales will announce today the removal of the 5 mile travel restrictions in Wales.

If you're on Facebook, Llyn Brenig has it's own page with updates. This is their latest:

"Following the latest WG announcements, details of the next phase of re-opening will be posted soon".

I'd expect by the 27th July that you will be ok! But better check nearer the time.

Ian
Just for the record there was never a 5 mile limit, the regulation was "stay local" and the 5 miles was just guidance as to what local might mean. The First Minister confirmed this on two separate occasions and noted that 5 miles in Cardiff was very different to 5 miles in mid-Wales.

brian24156135

Hi

What's the score in Wales at the moment??

I ask because I have accommodation booked for the end of July and 3 days boats fishing on Brenig.

Is that ok or is Wales still under a different lockdown ???......

I guess its probably best to ask this question around July 27th a day or do before I intend to travel
Thanks, boats and day tickets all booked and paid for.

We usually use the cafe in Cerrigydrudion thats right by the main road.. any idea if thats open??.
H
Thankfully I didn't cancel my accomadation, so a week on Brenig at the end of the month is going ahead

Staying in a farm cottage out the way , so won't see anyone .

Suits me perfectly .
Hi Rob
Brenig is good to go again. Fished it today Had a cracking days off the bank. Boats are back on again. Make sure you book them through there website .Traveling by car the Welsh Police told me my mate has to sit in rear Left side of car with window open. No problem if it’s family. Cafe is open only for takeaway.. One toilet is open.All transactions is by card only . It has been busy at Brenig Hope this has been helpful. Regards Brian

Rob Edmunds

It's me , my wife and my son...so all from same household, we are paid up for the week and looking forward to it.....my Mrs has never fished Brenig before ( only Clywedog and Llandeg) I told her it's a lot better than Llandeg but not as good as Clywedog 😁

If its take away only from cafe, looks like 6 bacon & egg sandwiches 😁 for breakfast...

In England we can go to a pub for a meal ( my local requires you to book a table in advance) is that the case in Wales , can we get a bar snack and pint
or is it takeaways only ?

Saying that my mrs will probably want to cook

sewinbasher

It's me , my wife and my son...so all from same household, we are paid up for the week and looking forward to it.....my Mrs has never fished Brenig before ( only Clywedog and Llandeg) I told her it's a lot better than Llandeg but not as good as Clywedog 😁

If its take away only from cafe, looks like 6 bacon & egg sandwiches 😁 for breakfast...

In England we can go to a pub for a meal ( my local requires you to book a table in advance) is that the case in Wales , can we get a bar snack and pint
or is it takeaways only ?

Saying that my mrs will probably want to cook
Pubs and restaurants can't have inside customers until 3rd August. At the moment pubs can use outside tables if they have them but in both cases it's likely that it would be table service to pre-booked tables.

Brenig is fishing particularly well because all the stock fish were released at the start of lockdown as there were no staff to feed them.

G

GEK79

Thankfully I didn't cancel my accomadation, so a week on Brenig at the end of the month is going ahead

Staying in a farm cottage out the way , so won't see anyone .

Suits me perfectly .
Surely something to look forward to stay sag mate and good luck..
Gary