WD-40 and (fly) fishing

icejohn

Don't spray on grease, eg gears. It will Intially seems nice and smooth but the grease will be removed in a very short space of time and no longer do it's job.

Cap'n Fishy

Spray on pike deadbaits for extra attraction. 😜

Pub quiz question: What does WD40 stand for? ;)

fruinfisher

I sprayed it on my hands once before going out for the rainbows and ended up having a great day. Can’t say that it was up to the wd40 though . And seeing it’s carcinogenic it probably wasn’t a very clever idea , not for doing it on a regular basis anyway

Paul_B

WD40 is a brand name and they make a lot of stuff, however the dispersent oil can melt some plastics and it does wash away other lubricants.
I used it on some sea lures and finished up with plastic lure boxes that looked like snot the nest time out :oops:
I like the WD40 silicon lubricant :)

fruinfisher

It was in my boot and thought “ why not “. It was on a club outing and I got the heaviest bag. Haven’t done it since though, I don’t want to be classed as a “ cheat” , end of , probably not to be repeated.

Cap'n Fishy

They made some great records in the 1980s. "Red red wine", "I got you babe" with Chrissie Hynde, "Food for thought" and some others....

Oh hang on, sorry, wrong letters...
Don't forget that one they did... what was it again... It went: Um-chuck, um-chuck, um-chuck, um-chuck, um-chuck... 😜

shropshire_lad

unemployment benefit form 40, dole moles 😁
Yep, all us young adults of the 70s remember it well. There was supplementary benefit and unemployment benefit. You could literally sign on when you left school.

I worked in the Dole Office for a few months - that was an eye opener. Most folk got their Giros by post but there were a fair few without any permanent address. Can't remember the term for them but they came into the office on a particular day to collect their payments. That was interesting, claimants trying to grab you over the counter if there was a problem - no screens or security in those days.

Mind you, there was a Christmas Party to remember. In my last few years in my last job you could be sacked if you had a drink off premises. At the 1970s Dole Office Christmas Party it was a drunken party in the office. Happy days :)

shropshire_lad

Mediocre MOR reggae.
They started well - I loved their first "Signing Off" album, but yes they then definitely drifted MOR.

They came from near me - Birmingham I think.

Anyway, back to WD40. I use it on stuck tap valves - it's about the only thing that has a chance of freeing them but it has to be left on for ages to penetrate (y)

Maybe if I spray my buzzers (fnarr, fnarr) with it I might have a bit more success at Farmoor? :eek: