Well known irish angling guide convicted of poaching.

S

Scotty Mitchell

No wonder he keeps doing it, where is the punishment? that tiny fine is absolutley insulting to those who actually care about the state of wild fish stocks. He's clearly no intention of stopping.

Chuileog

The guy's unreal. He's previously spouted off online about the importance of catch & release, likes to see himself as poacher turned gamekeeper except he's actually still a poacher. :mad:

Last edited:

bro66

The guy's unreal. He's previously spouted off online about the importance of catch & release, likes to see himself as poacher turned gamekeeper except his actually still a poacher. :mad:

Of course he's going to preach catch and release, he can't poach the fish if they're in your freezer.:eek:mg:

With low detection rates and fines that clearly aren't working as a deterant he will keep poaching until he physically can't :(

Bert

I've seen this guy netting in broad daylight along the coast in Dungarvan as well while I was down there fishing for bass. A so called Bass guru netting mullet fry for bait. I'm not at all surprised with this conviction, a leopard never changes his spots.

eddleston123

No wonder he keeps doing it, where is the punishment? that tiny fine is absolutley insulting to those who actually care about the state of wild fish stocks. He's clearly no intention of stopping.

Hi Scotty,

You have hit the nail on the head - the benefits of poaching far outweigh the piddling penalties that are imposed when (and if ) caught.

Douglas

Chuileog

I was reading an interview with our hero earlier and he was asked about how he got into bass fishing, he replied "when I learned you could sell them"

Latest posts