Welsh Dee/Afon Dyfrdwy

paragon

Please don't view this as belligerent moan......however, I sent two completed subscriptions off to CADAC (Corwen and District Angling Club) at the start of April for renewed membership for me and my father. It is now the start of May and im yet to hear anything back. I do not want to be accused of poaching so haven't ventured on the river to date, however it is rather upsetting that i pass the river every day and i see trout rising and i can't yet fish for them as nobody has bothered to send out membership cards and parking permits.

I have emailed the club again, having first attempted the renewal process before Christmas by email and was ignored. I hope its just an admin error as I love fishing the Welsh Dee, have sent my completed renewal forms off along with cheques (these haven't been cashed yet).

Really would appreciate a senior club member to detail whether i can start fishing or need to wait for someone to get around to viewing my renewal applications and approving them.
Ive already missed far too many evenings on the river.
Can anyone please assist?
Who did you send the applications to?

https://www.corwenanddistrictanglingclub.co.uk/tariff/

https://www.corwenanddistrictanglingclub.co.uk/contact-us/

To answer your last question, you can not fish club waters without a valid ticket.

paragon

So in hindsight it would have been quicker and easier to email the relevant person through club 'contact us' page than post your grumble on here?

Glad it's sorted and hope to see you on the river soon.

lyndonford

All posts concerning my membership application I have now removed.
Life is too short to get in to arguments over fishing, something that is meant to be a relief from the stresses of life.
Hopefully the matter can be put to rest.
Tight lines to all.

mebu

I don't know about apps or smart phones but I imagine that there is a way of connecting with the gauge at Corwen which is online.

Peter

sewinbasher

A couple of Dee related points:

For those responding to the current "consultation" on the NRW's proposed new bylaws for salmon and sea trout in Wales. This does not apply to the Dee despite the Dee being mentioned several times. This is because the Dee, along with the Severn and Wye, are "border" rivers with responsibility shared with the EA and they have to a) agree a strategy with the EA and then b) consult separately on whatever proposals are put forward. However it is the NRW's intention to apply precisely the same bylaws as are proposed for the rest of Wales. So look out for the Dee consultation later this year and make sure you respond.

On a brighter note it seems that the salmon season hasn't been too bad, my club has already had it's best season since 2004 with 10 days to go but grilse numbers have not been great.

pedros

I hadn't noticed this gauge before. I felt the upper Dee wasn't dropping as quickly as I would have hoped. Is this of relevance?

Latest posts