West Wales Rivers

wynne

Lots if interesting snippets from all over the U.K. - is there anyone fishing the West Wales rivers ?
Towy, Taf, Teifi, Loghor, Amman, Aeron, etc.. ?

wynne

I'm starting to get worried !!!
At the time of writing the site has been visited 115 times, so that shows that there are like minded people out there wanting to know about those West Walian gems.
Is there anyone out there wishing to tell us ?
Dewch 'mlaen - Come on lads ( & lassies) PLEASE.

scubacrazy123

Hi Wynne,
I have posted this question a couple of times, and never really got many replies.
I was raised in Pembs, near Haverfordwest, and was keen to find out the same as you, as I often go home to visit relatives.
I will watch this post with interest !!

Hawddamor !!

Hwyl,
Gary.

Taff!

Wasn't there a bit on the Teifi by Hywel Morgan in the last edition of Trout Fisherman? I'm off to fish the Tregaron AA waters in a few weeks so I would like to know anyway. The old man know Moc Morgan and Peter Hockenhull so I'm hoping he's able to find something out before I make the 250m pilgrimage home

TommyC

Scuba - I'm in a similar position, as my folks live in Pembroke.

Visited them a few times last year and spent some time on the Teifi and the Western Cleddau (Pembrokeshire Anglers).

I really enjoyed the Cleddau. Was sea trout fishing both times, once in June during the day in coloured water and once at night during September.

No sea trout on either occasion. In September I didn't see any movement at all so query whether there were any in the beat at that time. In June, caught about 12 brownies up to the 1lb mark on the sea trout flies! Great fun!

If you go down to the fishing shop in Haverfordwest they've got a picture of a 17lb sea trout that came out of Pembroke Anglers water on a worm last year!

T

wynne

Was down borderline West yesterday & had a look at the Tawe from the motorway - looked good. Ended up in Landeilo & the Towy looked amazing from Fairfach bridge, but, strangely, no one in sight fishing !
Spoke to a few friends in the Ammanford area & they rekindled my interest in the Amman & Loughor, so I checked the Ammanford Angling website - well worth a look & a very well presented couple of maps showing the area that's covered, also reasonably priced for visitors.
Hadn't realised that the Loughor is ranked 15th in Wales as a good Sewin river - best kept secret !
Will definitely be wetting a line there soon.
Childhood memories of Pond Dwrgi & Two rivers definitely come to mind.

wynne

I've obviously been doing East Wales missionary work for too long !!!
Diolch.
Wynne

Latest posts