Whaaat? How much?

ROVER

Just researching the combined cost of a pro quality Husqvarna chainsaw and a Dewalt lithium drill and impact driver set. I can buy all of these for less than the price of one high-end Sage or Helios rod.
Just saying......
Sorry, but whats your point?

G

bobmiddlepoint

Sorry, but whats your point?

G

Well I guess it is that you can buy a small internal combustion engine, gears, a metal blade & chain, electronics, an electric motor, gears, lithium battery, more electronics, a battery charger, various plastic moldings, screws, nuts, bolts, wiring etc for the same money as a bit of carbon cloth and glue, some bent wire for rings, thread, cork, a reel seat and some varnish...

Andy

tangled

And I'd also add that you can get pretty much exactly the same rod with a different label for a 20th of the price.

No bragging rights though...

flyfisher222

Banned
Just researching the combined cost of a pro quality Husqvarna chainsaw and a Dewalt lithium drill and impact driver set. I can buy all of these for less than the price of one high-end Sage or Helios rod.
Just saying......
There's plenty of tossers around who think a grossly overpriced rod will enhance their entirely imaginary 'status' or impress the fish :)

tangled

Last Sage I had lasted two hours. And I didn't 'misuse' it.
I once hired a Sage Xi 9' #9 weight saltwater rod - a horrid rod. The top ring broke off 3rd cast. Bloody thing then hit me in the back of the head when the ring and 2” of carbon caught in the treble hook so the line couldn't aerialise.

Fur coat and no knickers.

BobP

And my Sage Z-Axis 10' #5 bought in 2011 is the best rod I've ever owned. For reservoir nymphing, dries and even on occasion uprating it to a #6 fast intermediate it has no equals. I look forward to seeing what the Tongariro trout make of it in a year's time, coronavirus permitting.

I suppose I could have bought 10 Shakespeares for the same money, but I bet I wouldn't still have the same 10.