What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Mrtrout

Right lads, tickets are no longer sold at the old farmhouse, as you enter the village there is a newish bungalow on the right, it has signs saying tickets here, can’t miss it really.
I’ll be there for tenish, look forward to seeing you all.
S.

noel

Thank you Steven see you then btw it will be a bright green hat.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

nobby_15

Right lads, tickets are no longer sold at the old farmhouse, as you enter the village there is a newish bungalow on the right, it has signs saying tickets here, can’t miss it really.
I’ll be there for tenish, look forward to seeing you all.
S.

May be mixed up with someone else Steven but do you also shoot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mrtrout

May be mixed up with someone else Steven but do you also shoot?

I did for many years nobby, but called it a day ten years ago.
Do we know each other, I used to be a member of a few shoots up here.
S.

nobby_15

We have a syndicate shoot on our land ( I’m at Milburn) one of the guns is called Steven and I just thought you may have been who I thought you were ( if you know what I mean ) .anyhow I’ll know who you are come Sunday .going to nip up tomorrow on my bike tomorrow to see what it’s been fishing like in the catch book .

noel

Morning all, sat at work waiting for my load to be sorted I'd forgotten how bad this place was on a Friday....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Not ventured out, no I'm not ill. :rolleyes: I might tie some buzzers and stuff, I might wash the and hoover the car, I might ...........! I do need to sort my fly reels out, which one balances with which rod! :confused: Decisions, decisions! :eek:hno:

black knight

Morning lads
I do wish I knew what Blencarn fish are taking I could cut down on half the stuff in my bag. The trouble and strife is still suffering and as a bye product so am I.

It's baking hot here this morning and I'm just in a shirt well I do have pants on as well.:cool:

Ged, would just take a 9 foot, 6# , and leave heavier line rods at home?

Novice

Last night sweet talk so I could go fishing early morning failed miserably so I am no working on an after lunch pass. Don't hold your breath though. May tie some suspender buzzers. I'll be bringing 5 or 6wt rods.
Looking forward to a catch up. may even do a bit of fishing.:D

Nice here so I predict no pass and more gardening.

Big day tomorrow. Royal wedding and the FA cup. I wonder if I could sneak out.:whistle::whistle::whistle:

black knight

We have a lounge and bedroom Sky box so I think the wedding will be on one and football on the other. Guess which one the wife will be watching?

Steve I will be easy to identify I will be sat down hopefully on the end of a platform with a green North West Nomads hat.

Novice

I got a pass. So the pressure is on. Cup of tea then off to the canal a Perch fishing I will go.

buzzer1234

I have a pass for tomorrow as the boss is going round to friends who are having a tea party watching the royal wedding!! But I need to sort out my tackle for Sunday, I may go for an hour or two early morning.

Hope the perch are in a feeding mood Steve.

bibio1st

No telly watching for me tomorrow, I'm a United fan but I'll be on a river or still water somewhere, catch the highlights later if they have won.

Good look after the stripy ones Steve.

Steve

wobbly face

Car washed and hoovered.
May chance a river visit tomorrow. ;) Not worried over the very low levels. :rolleyes:
Just sorted my ladders out, got jobs to do sometime just as long as they don't interrupt the fishing. :eek:hno:
Alban, I might take the 9ft weight 6 or the 9ft weight 5.

Novice

I managed one Perch. Just an hour and about a mile of canal. IMG_20180518_144322.jpg

Mrtrout

If it’s of any use I was fishing the club tarn this morning, we just stock it with bows but it’s good fun usually.
It’s hot and sunny here today, similar for Sunday I think.
It was cloud over on arrival and a few fish were taking on the top, I hooked and lost one on the third cast, then missed two more takes as I was daydreaming. :eek:mg:
My mate had a couple on a damsel nymph.
Plenty of fly about, sedges, pond spinners, no Hawthorn were seen, lots of damsel flies, and I think some black gnats.
I stuck with the dry as enough fish were looking up then, but an hour later the sun came out, wind dropped right off, as did the fish.
I tried pulling a lure to no avail, and packed in around 2.30pm as it was useless.
I just tend to use a 9ft #5 for both methods, but our tarn is only two acres, Blencarn as some of you know is quite large.
Hope for cloud cover I’d say as this bright sun puts them down.
At least we shouldn’t need waterproofs on Sunday, see you there.
S.

Latest posts