What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

bibio1st

You want to put your foot down Noel, they can still be for guests without you having to go in the gararge, far too cold this time of year.

Shocking weather again here, mum and mother in law round for lunch Sunday so whatever it's doing tomorrow, I'll be out somewhere, Marton more than likely.

Steve

black knight

I have a tying station in the loft but there is no heating and loft is like a fridge this time of year. I must get it sorted out with mains wiring.

Today's weather is grim and I'm wrapped up keeping warm in my lounge.

I going to the cinema tomorrow to watch "Call of the wild." I hope it doesn't have a sad end.

noel

I recently bought some hoppers and I am now after some suggestions on a good fly box for these and my daddies.
Managed to find 2 nice pocket size boxes in the my stash of tackle .

Last edited:

buzzer1234

Evening guys, had an awful drive down to Wales yesterday, the spray off the vehicles was really bad, fortunately the weather improved for the journey home & was quite nice. Didn’t take my car because of the weather as there are few rapid chargers in Wales & none where we were going so would have meant a charge on the way & a short one on the way back.

You can charge to 100% on a rapid charger Ged but it slows down past 80% to 90% to protect the battery so not worth it unless you really need the range to get you to your destination.

Wonder when all this rain is going to stop, this weekend not looking good & a lot of rain forecast for next week.

black knight

Evening lads
No improvement in the weather here and a strong wind has developed.
No chance of gardening or fishing. I doubt Stocks will see large numbers for their opening of the new season.

Novice

Spent all morning at Dad's. Cleaning etc and making brews. Then his shopping. Get back and he has nurses attending. He has to be told to switch the telly off. He seems to be on track again.
He does not drink enough.
Just got back and settling down for a bit of rugby.

banjo298

Spent a happy hour rearranging/tidying up my salmon fly boxes. I can now see which ones I need to tie/replace. Quite a bit of work to do!

The down side is I’ve realised I need to do the same to all my trout fly boxes, a mammoth task, which I hesitate to even start. The task has been made worse by all the flies I’ve tied at the fly tying classes over the last two years. I’ve filled at least two boxes at those, most of which I’ll never use!

noel

Earl I think we all have too many flies and fly boxes , I was putting the hoppers that I had bought into a box and I now have to see if my daddies will fit into the same box .

Novice

Wales tried hard and it made for a good watch. England better be good as Joan follows the other team. ☘
Off out in the morning. Meeting a mate to do a rod swap and pick a little reel. Not fly rod and reel though.
The weather better improve soon.

black knight

Well done Steve B for having the courage to go out in this bad weather.

Well I went to watch "Call of the wild" at the local flea pit. It was just ok and a typical children's film. The was too much animal brutality and a predictable end.
No Stocks report for today maybe they will be posted after weekend.

Novice

Dad is not too good. He has had yet another fall. Not sure how things are going yo go forward. Waiting for doctor. He may need to go into hospital and could need full time care if he will except it.

black knight

Sorry to hear your bad news about your dad Steve I'm sure he would be better in care but your dad will fight for his independence.

Noel, we are in the planning stage of going to Newton Aycliffe, on Friday, but nothing is certain. I want to go in our car so I can disappear if I get bored. My son Steve, father of Stevie, wants to take us up but then we are tied to his agenda. If things firm up I will let you know.

Still no information on Stocks opening weekend.

More bad weather on the way.

noel

Alban just let us know, if you are coming over this weekend we will be at home as Agnes has an appointment with her consultant for which she uses her bus pass .