What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

bibio1st

Ged, it sounds like the gap between the phone and internet signal isn’t big enough, not sure of the technical jargon is but we had a similar thing not long after starting with BT, had a couple of guys out who got it a bit better but the third guy was very good, told us exactly what the problem was, fixed it and stayed for a couple of hours to make sure the gap didn’t drop, went on another job then came back to check again.

Steve

Novice

Mine does the same Ged. I had a master filter cited and it was good for ages. My line could have a fault.

Gutters cleaned and Windows cleaned today.

Dad stayed on his feet today.

black knight

Evening lads
Well what a turn up Boris and two minions with the Corona virus. He has not kept a safe distance in the House and has shaken too many hands. At least he was tested which isn't happening up here. My D in L still doesn't know if she has had the virus and goes back to nursing the very old and frail. We got a food delivery today from Ocado. The was nothing missing again what wonderful service. Apparenrtly they have had 22,000 requests but are only dealing with established customers.

Novice

Spoke too soon. At 10:30 last night dad had yet another fall. This is getting silly. His ribs hurt from the last fall. I just pray he does not have a more serious fall.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Internet wasn't working first thing and phone line crackling when I phoned my mother. turned router off then back on and now internet is up, as you can tell by my post.
Very breezy out there and a lot cooler.
Well done Ocado and good service for you Alban. Unfortunately it doesn't help other old, vulnerable or infirm people who need online shopping. There must be a way for online supermarkets to check new customers credentials as to health and age.
Major concerns over your dad SteveN, obviously your dad would be very vulnerable to getting CV if he went into care and they would want beds available for extreme CV cases.

black knight

Brrrrrrrrr it's chilly this morning I've just seen three brass monkeys asking for a blacksmith.

I wonder what we are all going to do for a haircut. Is it a pudding basin and scissors? My podiatry appointment has been cancelled for next week. I wonder if Mrs BK will take up this service? Vanta's blood test and vitamin B injection went well yesterday and was carried out under controlled conditions. The building was open with no doors to touch. The was no reception but the nurse gloved masked and gowned was waiting to usher her in.
Yesterday we sat outside all afternoon in our private garden. There are mature trees and Vanita has bird feeders in the branches and bread on the ground. So far we have had pigeons,rooks,jackdaws,doves, crows, blackbirds,thrushes, starlings, sparrows, large tits and blue tits.

Last edited:

banjo298

Now feeling a bit better. Man flu reduced to a cold. Thought I’d repair the shed, but need wood, all diy stores any where near here all closed. Never mind, I’ll creosote the shed, oops all diy stores closed. Never mind I’ll work the allotment, ooops all garden centres closed so no seeds or plants.

Signed up for Netflix instead!:eek:

banjo298

Anyone any experience of Readly, an online magazine subscription service? Online it gets very mixed reviews.

Novice

Joan has to go to the surgery Pharmacy for her meds. I thought I may as well order mine at the same time. Mine got rejected as it was too early to reorder. So that will be another visit which could have been avoided. I may see if we can have them delivered.

Glad you are feeling better Earl. Cannot help you with on line magazines sorry.

I thought about ordering plants online but do I really need them. The delivery services are stretched enough as it is without ordering stuff you can do without.
Wine however is considered essential. :cool:

Last edited:

wobbly face

Wine however is considered essential. :cool:
The blood of Christ. 🍷

Internet went of earlier.
Glad you're feeling better Earl. I don't use Readly Earl.
Just had a spot or two of rain, I was going to shout "Everybody in". Then I remembered, no one's out. :LOL:
SteveN, my wife wanted to sinc her meds but one lot she only got 2 weeks prior so 2 trips to do which makes her twice as vulnerable to CV.

black knight

Over 1000 dead in UK what a frightening statistic . It is obvious no one is immune to the virus though the elderly have more to fear. I wish lock down ensured survival. At an old peoples sheltered home in Great Harwood the building is in lock down. Occupants are lowering ropes out of the windows to haul carrier bags of food up.

bibio1st

I think you mean great tit Alban, a bit similar to a coal tit, long tail tits are my favourite,.
Glad you are feeling better Earl, now you have Netflix there’s a series called Ozark that’s well worth checking out, the third series has just started but start from the first, it’s about a chap money laundering for a ruthless South American cartel.

Made a few jars of tomato, apple and chilli chutney as I’m on my last jar of the old batch, lovely with all sorts stuff.

Steve

buzzer1234

Afternoon guys, definitely colder today & got to be much colder tomorrow.
We did our brisk walk this morning, this afternoon washed & polished both cars.
Glad your feeling better Earl, can't help with the magazine.

Will be opening a bottle of wine with our evening meal, as it's weekend!!

One week nearly over I wonder how many to go? Things are not looking good they reckon that CV will get worse over the next few weeks.

Stay safe!!

wobbly face

They are hoping to keep deaths due to CV to less than 20,000, yes twenty thousand.
Just took some pineapple and rum crumble down to my mother's, I'm looking forward to mine tonight. :giggle:

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Start of British Summer Time, had a few snow flurries here.
Hope you've all remembered to put clocks and watches forward!
Internet still running and phone line sounded okay when I phoned my mother earlier. I would like to cancel the engineer for tomorrow as don't really want strangers coming into the house under present circumstances. :sick:

bibio1st

A bit cold out there this morning, been out to clean the downstairs windows, it will be typical that the window cleaner comes tomorrow :rolleyes:

Borrowed some hair clippers and have done my hair also, a number two with a one up the sides and back, should be good for 2-3 weeks (y)

Steve

Latest posts