What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

Spoke too soon. Dad's carer has just had to call life line as he has slipped out of his chair. :eek:

black knight

It's chilly and it has tried to hail stone. I've done four times round the garden it's big and probably achieved a tenth of a mile. What about the guy who ran a marathon in his back garden?
I've tided up my man cave loft it looks great the tying area hasn't had its virgin voyage yet. I won't tie anything until we are allowed to fish again.

glueman

Morning guys.
Internet wasn't working first thing and phone line crackling when I phoned my mother. turned router off then back on and now internet is up, as you can tell by my post.
Very breezy out there and a lot cooler.
Well done Ocado and good service for you Alban. Unfortunately it doesn't help other old, vulnerable or infirm people who need online shopping. There must be a way for online supermarkets to check new customers credentials as to health and age.
Major concerns over your dad SteveN, obviously your dad would be very vulnerable to getting CV if he went into care and they would want beds available for extreme CV cases.
Not a hope in hell of getting online shopping where I am

buzzer1234

That’s a long queue Ged. 😆

Cold wind today but got our exercise in this morning, been doing a jigsaw this afternoon. (sad I know)

noel

Morning all, Ged I think that is why I can't be motivated, found another Fox box full of buzzers this week.

black knight

Ged, you could tie flies,your most delicate ones, as back to fishing celebratery presents for the Lads. After the news on TV it could be three to six months before we are Corona virus free.

black knight

Afternoon all
I've been out in the garden doing four laps. It's not much but better than nothing. My physiotherapist texted me asking about my current condition. She has offered to coach me over the telephone for £35 per hour. I think not.

wobbly face

Afternoon guys.
Well phone line and internet all checked and supposedly no problems. Strangely, internet went off just 5 mins before engineer turned up.
Went shopping earlier, everyone queued 2 meters apart to get into Aldi and car park full. Went to Morrison's as my mother wanted goods so decided to get all from there. Still had to queue and didn't get everything but it'll do and it cost twice the price. :eek:
Why did I buy a car that can run on electric? Petrol down to £102.9 per litre. No ones travelling. (y)

Novice

Stoke people visited dad today and it was agreed he cannot cope on his home. Hopefully he will be going into a rehabilitation care home tomorrow. Just need to organise transport. It is only a street away down the hill but there is no way we could get him in our car so proper transport will be required. At a pinch if he had a wheel chair we could wheel him down.:unsure:

Last edited:

Novice

Thanks Alban. This is not permanent care. it is care and treatment to try and get hime back to a stage where he can safely look after himself. Probably 3 weeks or more if required. At some time when Dad is agreeable th family will have to see about getting him longer residential care.

This is as you say though at this time a great weight of out minds. Also it will I am sure be better for Dad in the long run.

Essential supplies get delivered tomorrow.🍷

black knight

Well I have had two lazy days and it was boring. Tomorrow I will spray clean the next door neighbour's flags or clean both cars. I can valet the insides some other day. What do you do when you run out of jobs?

Novice

No surprise but there is no transport for dad. There is no way we can get him in and out of our car. He would not be able to get down steps and slopes safely just to get to the car. He does not have a wheel chair. Just hope he has not told his carers he will not need them. He already told Careline he was going in today but I rang them to explain it is not definite and will update them as required.

Novice

Alban Joan never seems to run out of jobs which means I do not have time to get bored. You sound like a teenager, next thing you will be saying " there is nothing to eat" :D

noel

I wish I could find jobs to do , oh yes the door handles want changing .... unimportant. Food cupboards need sorting oh already done. Things need to be where Agnes can find them .

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Damp start this morning and now just grey.
I've got loads to do but unable to them. :whistle: This is basically down to the wife's and my daughter's health conditions as I wanted to start when I retired. I can't see me getting to do them for quite a while.