What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

banjo298

Just power washed my rear paths and patio. Now the windows need washing, somehow power washing them does not work! Driven inside by the rain, I’m not as well as I felt as I’m now knackered.

I too feel like I ought to be tying flies, but my boxes are all full, and with no fishing just cannot fetch myself to tie any. I had started on tube flies for my river Dee salmon trip, but that will be cancelled now. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Novice

I have been trying to get help to get my dad to the care home as there is no transport available. While I was ringing round to get help a certain impatient old man rang 999 to get an ambulance to take him. He makes me so angry. On a positive note he is in the care home Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

black knight

Morning lads
My son Steve crept into our house at 7.45am to recover his post.He touched door handles table and went out. When Vanita found out he'd been she went mad disinfecting everything. Steve is out and about shopping for a number of people and working. He is a likely candidate to catch the Corona virus being in contact with too many people.
My d-in-l the nurse goes back to work tomorrow after two weeks isolation after coughing. There is no test available to confirm she has had the virus. She has no PPE and is subject to the elderly spitting at her during her duties. The lack of protection is criminal.
We have had another Ocado delivery and are very lucky we are not short of anything. A note for Glueman my wife and I are 75 with serious underlying health difficulties. We are in isolation and are grateful for Ocado's service. I'm not aware we are depriving other needy groups with our orders. Ocado has not been able to serve 22,000 new requests from potential new customers.

Last edited:

wobbly face

It's one way of your dad getting into the home SteveN.
Alban, I went round disinfecting after the phone engineer left yesterday. My mother isn't going to allow my older brother into her house as he is still working, it's okay for me with her shopping though. :rolleyes: I'm surprised at how well she is taking to self isolating.

Novice

Very selfish of him Ged. We would of sorted something out but he just thinks of himself as usual. The ambulance guys where not impressed. Neither was I.

buzzer1234

Evening guys, pleased you managed to get your dad in the care home Steve even if it’s only for a few weeks.

Not done a lot today, had a short walk this morning & been tying a few flies this afternoon for charity, waiting till the weather warms up a bit before starting work outside again.

Sounds like everyone is being sensible & staying safe.(y)

noel

Evening guys, pleased you managed to get your dad in the care home Steve even if it’s only for a few weeks.

Not done a lot today, had a short walk this morning & been tying a few flies this afternoon for charity, waiting till the weather warms up a bit before starting work outside again.

Sounds like everyone is being sensible & staying safe.(y)
Are those flies for Terry " Bigtel " ?

wobbly face

Are those flies for Terry " Bigtel " ?
What's all this then?

Had a phone call from my mother, my sister-in-law had phoned her asking if she had any eggs she could borrow. WTF (sorry for the swearing :mad: ) I'm not going out getting my mother's shopping for her to give it away for someone who can shop themselves.

black knight

Ged, We have had to donate milk to the 87 year old next door neighbour this week and a loaf last week. Her son her only relative comes from Oxford on a friday. She seems to have a knack of not telling him to shop for everything she needs. Today a man came on to our estate with food parcels we turned ours down for someone more needy. It is brilliant to think someone was worrying about our well being.
I got next door's flags cleaned Eric my neighbour who is 92. He reads a lot and is currently ploughing through a 500 page book on the East India Company. He's read all of Dicken's works which took him two years. He has a sharp mind for his age. I sent for a a Jeffrey Archer collection of short stories but I haven't got into reading yet.

Novice

Shopping day today and pick up Joan's meds. Then maybe a bit of power washing.
Not heard from dad. Not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing.

noel

Morning all, another day in paradise . Washer on the go an every 2 day event as
Agnes puts it her job for the day alongside with preparing this evening's meal . A joint of pork will have done us 3 meals .

Novice

Ok exercise started. I am going to run round the garden and each day try to do an extra lap. By the time lockdown has finished I should be able to do a marathon :D