What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

wobbly face

Afternoon guys.
Another cleaning session, good way of keeping fit. 🧹
My mother feeling down this morning, stupid brother. My elder brother visited her yesterday on his way home from work, parked on drive and spoke through his car window, my mother sat on a chair at the front door (observing distance advice). One of my younger brothers phoned her last night saying what he did was illegal. Same one as wanted the eggs. :mad: Spent 45 mins on the phone cheering her up and putting her right. :rolleyes:

wobbly face

Ged I have read that 3 times now trying to make sense of that .
You can imagine how I felt Noel! Yes stop at home, only essential journeys but then we need to take in "mental health". He didn't consider that I go in with her shopping as she wouldn't be able to lift it on her kitchen work top. She struggles picking things up of the floor so can't leave shopping on door step. Also my older brother has picked items up for her if we've not been able to get it.

black knight

Watching television isn't good for you and that's all I've done today. I had a bad night. I have a choking problem and last night was a bad one. I believe its tied in with my Parkinson's disease.
Testing front line staff is still a shambles.It is claimed 13,000 tests are being performed but it is nearer 8,000.

Novice

I have had the first call from Dad. " Can you get me xyz" nothing changed there. Then hung up.

bibio1st

At least he didn’t say can you get me out of here.

Had a two mile walk, had to go to the post box so went to one that had a late collection as the nearer ones are at 9.30am, then carried on to get a French stick for with tea.

Steve

black knight

Well it's been a funny old day. I slept through most of it and then at tea time went outside in the garden for my daily exercise walk. Eric ,my next door neighbour, spotted me and came outside to talk to me. He must have been bored as I got a full account of his war experiences in WW2 on a hospital ship.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Damp and breezy.
Nothing wrong going down "Memory Lane" Alban. :)
Just cleared some boxes out of the loft. That's my exercise, jumping up and down on the boxes and 2 tubes that rods came in. Some fly tying now.

Novice

All that time when we could go out the river was nearly always in flood. Since lock down it has hardly rained. Typical. I wonder if fishing will be easier or harder after lockdown as the fish will have had no pressure? No stocking will be taking place either so what will that do to the fishing. Will the comorants eat them all? Going to be interesting when we start fishing again.

black knight

Just had bad news the D-in L has gone back to work today after having had suspected Corona virus. To her horror she found she has two confirmed and two suspected patients with the Corona virus on her ward. They have issued her with PPE and advised she changes her complete set of clothing before going home to her family. When she gets home she has to have a shower and hair wash before putting on another set of clothes. The discarded clothes have to be washed immediately. Ken, my son, Joanne's husband, has a serious heart condition and getting the Corona virus would definitely see him off. Joanne's patients are all sick and frail elderly and she has to wash, feed, medicate, lift them out of bed, and toilet them. This is a frightening high risk situation. One can only hope she and her family are not affected.

buzzer1234

Evening guys,
Frightening situation Alban hope your D.L & family keeps safe.

Didn’t get any sleep last night spent the night in my chair in the lounge just couldn’t get over, hopefully will have a better night tonight.

Not done much today, posted my flies for the charity on our daily walk & not much else. Will be clapping at the front door at 8 o’clock tonight.

black knight

Nice to hear that people are appreciating what NHS front line staff are doing and the sacrifices they are making. I also pray my d-in-l and her family stay safe. Ken, my son is the biggest worry his heart beat chart looks like he has flat lined. If he gets the Corona virus in his lungs he will be a goner.
The dreadful Camilla's ex husband Parker Bowles has CV infection and kissed Princes Ann and Princes Eugeenie at the Cheltenham Festival. We can expect another two more Royals to become ill. It was criminal to hold the four day festival just before lock down.