What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

noel

Morning all, out of the 40 houses around the green only our immediate neighbours and ourselves at 8pm last night .

Novice

Dad just rang. 3 days in and he is not happy. He said he had to wait 45mins for a wheel chair to take him for his breakfast. They do not supply pads so he will be asking for more. Not even sure if they will do his washing. I read a report on the care home from March 2019 and every part apart form caring staff needs improvement. There is even 5 cards missing from the sting cards.:eek:. He wants to go into another home but he has no chance.

Novice

How big is the back garden?

Steve
I think one lap is about 33m. 53 laps to the mile. I have not done any excercise for far too long. It is going to be interesting how I get on. I may have to repeat some days until I get fitter. Oh and it is the front garden so it will give the neighbours a laugh.

Last edited:

black knight

It's hard to find things to do especially if it's raining outside. Last night Vanita and I were doing a jigsaw puzzle till 12.30am. This morning I can't face it again. All those little pieces that look the same. I had a fit of dry throat coughing in the night and immediately panicked thinking I had the first symptom of Corona Virus. I haven't cough since so all is well.

noel

Just think about all those people who are about to start sneezing a lot and the idiots out there have bought all the Antihistamine tablets for the virus.

Novice

Dad keeps ringing and says if he can find somewhere else he wants to move. He seems desperate to get out. I tried to explain things. He still wants to get out.

Last edited:

black knight

Well what have I done today? This morning I refixed the toilet seat that had become loose. I put some screws in a piece of trim to a kitchen unit overlooked by the kitchen fitter. I did four times round the garden and got caught with my next door neighbour,Eric. I then spent half an hour sorting out screws into a compartment box. I tidied my loft man cave and called it a day. Vanita has been doing a jigsaw and when I can I put a few pieces in myself. A large parcel arrived this morning which turned out to be a sun lounger chair. Apparently it was greatly reduced by Groupon and is for visitors in the summer when the pandemic is over. I didn't know it was ordered or coming and I'm a bit worried that Vanita has made this purchase.I do admire her optimism. Well it's Saturday tomorrow and the Government are expecting people to come out of isolation as they are fed up. I'm in it for the long haul and am trying to keep my mind stimulated. I'm going to start reading a book.

wobbly face

Good you are keeping busy Alban, though I'd be kept busy if Mrs face was to spent like Vanita. :eek::)
On a fly tying spurge at the moment but none for me. :rolleyes: My mother's also got a few jobs lined up for me to do. Perhaps she'll cancel them if I fix the garage door and tell her she'll have to isolate in the garage until I've done in the house. 🤔

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Was nice and bright when I got up, now grey and cloudy. More fly tying though I don't know what to do over sending off for charity. I don't fancy a trip to the Post Office under the present climate. :sick:
Had a call from fishing club chairman, we've already told one member NO FISHING, now a committee member is after going fishing. NO! In both Government and land owner response there is nowhere that states about going fishing, so NO.

noel

Ged the Health minister came out with it last night that it wasn't a request to stay at home it was an instruction , the govt can't make it any clearer .

Novice

Ged there was a picture of a guy fishing our canal. he had a mask on.o_O. The PAC (Pike angling club) and the CRT(Canals and river trust) have both put out notices that the canal is closed to fishing. There I some idiots out there. Personally I think they should close the towpath as you cannot pass safely. Cyclists are syill using the towpath too.

Day 5 5laps completed.🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

black knight

Well another surprise today Vanita has purchased a rotary dryer it came at 3pm today. I have put it up in the back garden. It is ten times better than last one we bought thirty years ago. Even the socket tube doesn't need concrete any more and there are different heights for the umbrella drying arms. I'm not so sure about no concrete time will tell when the dryer is loaded in a breeze.
Bad news from Ocada it is going onto a ten day interval between delivered orders and selecting customers to deliver to. I could be out shopping if all goes wrong. My son Steve tried to shop at Tesco and had over a hundred people in front of him in a queue.

Novice

Just great, well not really. Dad went into care because he kept falling. Tonight the carer went to get him to go for his tea. To get him out of bed she pulled the sheet but dad fell onto the floor. Hurt his back but said he would give tea a miss and got back in to bed.