What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

QUOTE="wobbly face, post: 2679980, member: 23312"]
Not enough Police to police it Noel. Perhaps use the army!
[/QUOTE]
17 year old girl in Morecambe was excorted home for breaking lock down rules. She spat at the officer and was arrested. Hope she learns her lesson.

Last edited:

wobbly face

Morrison's delivered as stated. All items washed etc and taken my mother's stuff to her. Also, mended her kick boards in kitchen (though temporary), changed light bulb, chucked out rubbish.

SteveN, they'll probably charge her with assault and justifiably so.

buzzer1234

Another day in the garden, & my back knows it, in spite of wearing my back brace, still plenty to do but plenty of time to do it.
Wondering how many people will be up the pike on Good Friday it’s a very popular place to go at Easter.

Hope you get your refund sorted Steve, Hazel was supposed to be going to Holland after Easter with a group of 20, the travel company are refusing to return the deposit of £100 but they can use it for a holiday next year if not they say the £100 is for administration!! That's a total of £2000!!

Novice

Tom the hotel is not contactable. The firm I booked through have emailed the hotel but not holding my breath. If the hotel does not respond I will try my credit card. Got 2 more hotels and concerts booked later in the year. There must be thousands in the same situation.
On a more positive note it looks like we could have a good crop of apples this year.

black knight

Our PM Boris is now on a ventilator so much for admission to hospital for tests.
It never got warm enough to sit out but I did start a book "River Music, A Fly Fisher's Four Seasons." by James R. Babb. The book is full of short stories about fishing escapades and quite easy to read.
Since we came in the bungalow Vanita has been hanging bird feeders on the large trees and scattering bread on the grass. We have had hundreds of birds queuing up for a free meal but we have had half a dozen cats stalking the birds. I've been out to shoo them away but some of them are tough and hold their ground. It's obviously a tough neighbourhood.

wobbly face

Alban, I use a washing liquid bottle with diluted washing up liquid with some citrus juice, lemon and orange. I chase them and fire the liquid at them. Does then no harm if hit but they don't like the taste when cleaning themselves off. (y)

Novice

I need a big rubber band to help with some frozen shoulder exercises. May try an old inner tube. Left should has been giving me a lot of pain when stretching it out for a month or so now. Got reasonable movement but cannot lift it up straight and back. Hurts like made if i bring it back too quick.
Having trouble sleeping on my left side. Still got plenty of time to try to sort it out.

Ged you are a big bully.

bibio1st

Alban, don’t be feeding bread, it’s not good for them and don’t put food in the grass if cats are about, stick to the feeders.

Steve

ejw

For cats try washing any hard surfaces with "Jays Fluid" or painting areas with it that the cats use. We have a family opposite in a small bungalow with 19 cats !!! rescued from Manchester area (40 miles away), all tracked !!! But allowed to roam, never crap in their own garden !! Tried electronic cat deterrers with limited success, but the fluid works until rain washes it off. Small pots of it work on "soft" areas as well.
The bird population has dropped dramatically since they moved in 2 years ago. As we have a back garden that cannot be viewed without access by ourselves, the cat owner asked to look for a "tracked" cat ? He was aware of my "hunting" background and was "suspicious" of me !!! Me ?? As if I would ? - I know many other ways to "remove" cats, without resorting to shooting them, that would be illegal - if caught. Next door but two on the same side as the cat owner is my old shooting partner, does not have a problem with cats ? Has the biggest Husky you will ever see ! Quite partial to "live game" apparently !
Eddie

noel

Delivery from China this morning disinfecting in the sun after a good wash in bleach , sorry boring curtain track gliders .

wobbly face

Morning guys.
A nice one if a bit chilly first thing.
Just let Mrs face rip with the lawn mower, fortunately no chunks or tufts left on my head. :) ✂
Need to Post Office to post flies of to Terry, but it's not essential. Dilemma as they are for charity!

noel

Ged the 25th is his deadline .
Back in from the weekly shop the only thing I didn't get was some suet and we can live without dumplings for a while.

black knight

Morning all
It's a lovely morning and there is a lot of movement on our estate people visiting at a distance, gardeners busy, and some going out for a walk. We see it all from our bird's eye view lounge window.
Mrs BK has been bashing the plastic again and we have a number of items being delivered today.
My son Steve who recently broke up from his partner is bringing some of his gear to store in our loft. We are understandably worried as we are in lock down. It will have to be well disinfected.
I hope our PM is recovering only 50% of CV cases recover once in ICU.

Novice

Does Detol kill the virus or does it have to be bleach? I too have a packet coming from China. Order a spool while under the influence of red wine. :eek:

wobbly face

Does Detol kill the virus or does it have to be bleach? I too have a packet coming from China. Order a spool while under the influence of red wine. :eek:
Detols fine SteveN, again you can dilute it and leave for a minute or so before rinsing off and drying.
Any fresh fruit and veg can just rinsed under running water.

Novice

Some good news the Hotel has agreed to a date change but will not give a refund. Agoda the company I booked through have very good customer service and responsive to phone calls and e-mails. they call you back when they say you will too. just waiting now to see if the Hotel will except the date change requested.

banjo298

Your lucky Steve, my holiday cottage firm refused a refund! They did offer a change of date for later this year, but who knows when things will return to normal. Plus it was booked for my brothers sixtieth birthday. So no use to me later in the year. I lost the full £155 deposit, but better that than the full amount!