What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

glueman

Your lucky Steve, my holiday cottage firm refused a refund! They did offer a change of date for later this year, but who knows when things will return to normal. Plus it was booked for my brothers sixtieth birthday. So no use to me later in the year. I lost the full £155 deposit, but better that than the full amount!
The problem is they might have had to pay the owner and if too many people demand refunds they could go bust so you loose anyway. Why do people going on holiday in the UK not take out holiday insurance.

Novice

My new date, same day but next year has not been confirmed yet. Just waiting to see what happens. No one saw this coming. I wonder how hotels and other lets etc are coping. I suspect some will be in trouble.

Novice

. Why do people going on holiday in the UK not take out holiday insurance.
Because the risk of being unable to take the holiday when booked are far less than that of an holiday abroad. In the case of this virus though it not the customers fault they cannot make the dates. It is against government recommendations. My away day was in the Lake District National Park and they are asking people not to go there. These are exceptional circumstances. 99% of the time holidays in the UK are expected to be fulfilled. In my case I would not be surprised if the Hotel is closed as I cannot contact them direct and the answer machine is switched off. I bet the owner/manager is working from home.

noel

Agnes and I are looking at a loss of £2000 so far this year my fishing and the static ground rent .

banjo298

Apart from an admin fee I would normally have got most of it back, but one of their get out clauses was actually no refunds if the W.H.O declare a pandemic!

I've also paid in full £200 for a salmon fishing trip in June. I’m betting that that’ll be cancelled aswell.

black knight

My son brought his things for storage a whole Transit van full. We insisted he unloaded it on the front lawn and sorted out the good stuff and throwed away the rest. It looked as if we had been evicted and one or two of or neighbours wandered down to nosey at what we were doing. One commented that we shouldn't be doing that. Vanita has had a massive disinfecting session when my son had gone.

buzzer1234

Very selfish of him Alban & against government guidelines he could be heavily fined.

More work in the garden today, getting there now, will try some power washing tomorrow, no rush!!
Stay safe everyone.

Novice

I agree your son is very irresponsible.
Cut the lawn today. Second cut. Bold patch from last time has nearly gone. Could do with some rain.
Lupins and delphiniums all making an appearance,(Green shoots 🌱). Geraniums have done very well this year. They are still in the greenhouse but doing well. I even took some cuttings.

Day 9 and 9 laps done.

Shop in the morning.

Tom I'll be power washing too. Wish there was an easy way to get rid of black mould spots. Not keen on using strong chemicals. Patio wants repointing too but I have no cement.

Dad said he had a nice tea tonight. yeah. How ever he spends that much time in bed he has rubbed Blisters on his feet. Apparently he will not come out of his room not even for meals and keeps saying he is too tired to do his exercises. Of course they cannot force him.

noel

Morning all, phoned my local B &m yesterday and they still had some potting compost and hanging baskets so I will be putting the brackets up later the grand total of 6 as our garden is now geared up for just a lawn cut and a quick watering .

Novice

Day 10.10 laps and 3 brisk walk. .puff puff.

Change of date excepted for hotel but at additional cost. The extra just so happens to bring the cost up to the refundable/ free date change price. Suppose we will have to go for it.

Last edited:

buzzer1234

All power washing done two patios & three paths at back of house, path & flagged area down side of garage, front drive & paths phew!! Glad it’s finished & it does look much better.

Back now playing up after moving heavy pots around & using the washer most of the day.

You watch when we are able to get back to fishing the weather will probably be gales & heavy rain!!

Pleased you were able to sort your hotel booking out Steve, I suppose they are taking inflation in the higher price.

Novice

As the saying goes, that is an all lot of power washing Tom. I have black spot mould on my flags. I think it need dynalite to get the stuff off.
Laura Ashley hotel Windermere Tom. Saving up now to pay for a nice meal out and an ice cream cornet.

Just had the nodd and going to break out the red wine. I better stay clear of on line shopping.

banjo298

Lovely sunny day! Painted most of my fence, a mixture of colours found in the depths of my shed. Now knackered with hands full of splinters but had to rehydrate sitting in the garden sun bathing in the sun supping several lagers!