What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

black knight

Evening lads
Another lovely day. We were sitting out in the garden. Vanita is struggling to get another Ocado shopping delivery slot but were ok yet. I see Boris is still in intensive care but in good spirits. There is a mild panic while he is there who is running the Country? I don't think it's a problem as he has a good team of MPs.

Novice

Me thinks someone is trying it on. After agreeing a additional fee for the hotel they are now saying the room I originally booked is not available and another room will have to be booked but this will now be an even higher additional fee and quoted in euros. Grrrrrrrr.

Novice

Not only does my elderly neighbour go out every day he now has a family member round cutting his lawn.

wobbly face

Afternoon guys.
Bit nippy and breezy this morning out of the sun.
Done my mother's garage door, new washing and fixed the kick boards in her kitchen. As I was putting my tool away in my garage, my bag with the car's roof bars in fell of it's hook, the loop had snapped, just what I wanted! :eek: Now mended.

black knight

I haven't been out today it's cooler. Orcado won't respond to a query why we were promised a slot then denied it. We have the D-in-L doing a top up shop for us. She won't be coming in as she is responsible for ten Corona virus cases at her hospital. We will disinfect the shopping before bringing it in.
Boris is making slow progress in intensive care.

Last edited:

buzzer1234

Was in town early doors for the pensioners hour at M & S, I stayed in the car whilst Hazel did the shop.

Spent a bit of time pottering in the garden letting my back recover & tied a few flies this afternoon, lazy day really.

Just been announced that Boris is out of intensive care but still in hospital

Novice

Got to get my meds tomorrow. Going to pop into the local Asda to see if I can fine some red lentils. Life would not be the same without lentil soup. No lentils the last two weeks at Sainsburys.

Good news about Boris.

bibio1st

Out doing some money collecting for work today, first time in nearly 3 weeks, most customers are on DD or pay by Bacs, a handful still want to do cash which is a pain, queued at the big Asda by Man Citys ground for almost an hour to get a few odds and ends whilst out, pleasant enough day to be out, had a BBQ this evening and listened to the birds chirping away, oblivious to what's happening to the human race.

Steve

black knight

We got a top up shop thanks to our D-in-L. I don't want to go to the supermarket if I can help it.
I did the eight pm clap for the NHS nurses and care workers. Joanne's ward has been converted to a Corona virus ward as the are so many people on the ward with it. This puts her in greater danger. I asked her if she was frightened with her working environment and she replied "You just have to get on with the job." What a heroin I'm so proud of her.
A neighbour three doors away has one of her daughters in intensive care. It illustrates the importance of keeping your relatives, children, and grandchildren away if you can.
Despite all the publicity to stay indoors people will be out and about for Easter. The police have indicated that they are going to get tough with offenders. They have had to deal with hundreds of incidents over the last two weeks.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Another nice day, for those luckily enough time can be spent in their garden or gardens.
Good turnout last night at 20:00 hrs. Germany however are doing things differently, instead of clapping the Government are giving their health workers a substantial bonus.
Keep safe everyone.

Novice

Going for a biathlon home islotating. I would try a triathlon but the pond is only 18" deep and 4' long.:cool:IMG_20200410_110456.jpg

black knight

Steve, you could stock your pond with small trout and fish the evening rise. I had a much larger pond at my last but one property. I was sorting out my tackle in the back garden when my son Steve arrived. He put a line and a fly on a rod to try it' He cast from the back door into centre of the pound and hooked a large goldfish. This is not a fisherman's tale it's a fishing anecdote.
It's a cracking day here and Vanita is outside on her swing. Her morning comprises of long phone calls to our children and relatives. She does Face to Face calls with the twins and 4 year old granddaughter. she is proving a handful. This morning she was moaning about her breakfast and her dad said,Zip it." She replied, "I can't eat my breakfast if I have to zip my mouth." She's sharp.

Novice

No meds as the chemists is shut. It will be Tuesday or Wednesday now before I can get the meds. I'll 2 days left. They would not let me order any earlier.

On a plus I got lentils.(y)

noel

Steve what meds are you on and aren't they on a script ? Our chemist gets a 12 month order from the Drs.

Novice

Common blood pressure. The online ordering system will not let you reorder until you only have 2 weeks supply left the you have to wait another 2 working days. I tried to order earlier 3 times but all rejected. Auto system rules no matter what.

buzzer1234

More work in the garden today, planting a couple of small trees that were in pots, bit of weeding & then path repairs, another hard day, still getting plenty of exercise.

Stay safe guys.

Latest posts