What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

buzzer1234

Nice sunny day but a very cold wind, did a bit of tidying up by the side of the garage but no sun there so soon got cold.

Will do a bit of fly tying this afternoon, my tying room is on the front of the house which gets the sun all afternoon, will be like toast!!

black knight

Our post and deliveries are erratic Vanita had a email asking if she was enjoying a product she hasn't even got. We have ordered jigsaws two weeks ago and they were dispatched from the jigsaw company York early last week.

Screaming Piers Morgan tore Thérèse Coffey apart during a car-crash interview over personal protective equipment (PPE) for NHS staff this morning.
The Work and Pensions Secretary pleaded with the Good Morning Britain host to stop shouting at her while struggling to answer his questions.
Piers held up the powerful front page of today's Daily Mirror picturing health care workers who have sadly died from coronavirus to prove his point.
He demanded to know why VAT was being charged for PPE in care homes after speaking to Nadra Ahmed, Chairman of the National Care Association, earlier in the programme.
Ms Coffey claimed it was "not an issue" and that VAT could be reclaimed by care homes, but Piers insisted they had no time to "fill out forms".

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Alban, I can't do with Piers Morgan a total ignoramnous, very unprofessional.
Well another glorious day though a bit cool, frosty early on.
Managed Aldi and Morrison's shop all in an hour. (y) Told my mother she has to only have from Morrison's every fortnight (hoping for home delivery), she has the room and if not then I have some room in fridge and freezer. If she needs anything else between then it's Aldi or my brother can get it from Bury Market (he lives in Bury and can cycle over as part of his exercise).

black knight

Jigsaw puzzles from the Jigsaw Company have not arrive ordered 2 April. The company will not take phone calls so Vanita is sending a message. Parcels generally taking three or four days.

Novice

I have spool and rod coming from across the world. No rush so they will arrive when they arrive.

My legs ache with all this running. Still I have set my self a challenge and surely it is doing me good. When fishing opens I'll be whizzing up and down the steep banks like a Ninja.🧗‍♂️
I am with you Ged.

noel

Evening all did our weekly shop this morning and the only thing I could not buy was the icing sugar and tissues but I bought a pack of toilet paper for that purpose.

black knight

I did a mile walk today and then sat out in the garden. At 6.30pm tonight we had two Jays land on our lawn. Vanita scatters corn in the grass and the birds love it. We haven't had the Jays before so how did they know we had scattered food? It's a beautiful bird with different colours. I can remember having a packet of blue wing feathers from the Jay.

wobbly face

My next door neighbour and his wife have CV (though untested). I'd not seen them over Easter! He thinks he's he's over it now though his wife is still bad and has it worse than him. He's still self isolating for another week.
Phoned my mate 10lb 10oz, he said another guy (who I know and a keen fly angler) who is a prison officer at Wakefield has CV, he also has COPD and called needed paramedics and hospital care.

Alban, Jays also like peanuts.

buzzer1234

Evening guys, another nice but cool day got to warm up as the week goes on, did a bit of pottering in the garden this morning & had a walk this afternoon then tied a few more flies.

We have run out of ice lollies but a friend is going shopping tomorrow so hoping to get some for us.

Not a fan of Piers either.

We get lots of birds in the garden loads of gold finches, blue tits, robins, blackbirds we used to get a lot of chaffinches but not many recently, we have a pair of wrens nesting in the garden to. Bought 30 kg. of sunflower hearts last year they have gone through most of them!!

black knight

Ged, next door infected is a bit frightening.
Steve, we have seagulls nearby is a council run tip for the whole area . When I've been to the household waste disposal centre there are thousands scavenging on the main tip rubbish..

Novice

Still trying to sort out the hotel booking. They now want another £35. That means they now want full price as per a refundable booking. I have asked if then if the amended date cannot be met is the revised booking refundable. Well you have to ask.

Date changed. Can be changed again if there is another lockdown.

Weekly shop done.

Last edited: