What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

buzzer1234

Well done Ged a good day for you. Where there many on?

We did a good shop this morning, then had some friends round for coffee in the garden at distance !

Watched my cousins funeral from Pleasington crematorium this afternoon, felt very strange.

A package with more fly tying materials arrived today I just need to get out fishing!!

black knight

Well done Ged you did well. In your official capacity you should be on first name terms with the stocked trout.
We have been gardening again today . My daughter Amanda went to the local garden centre with shopping list of things Vanita wanted. I'm sure she is determined to create a Kew Gardens in our rear garden area.
We went out at 8pm and clapped in honor of the NHS staff. Not many people came out.
Yesterday day's trout went down a treat with the neighbours. It was very messy cleaning five fish I got blood all over my Chinos. It didn't come out in the wash so I have had to bleach the stains. I will have to get a plastic apron for the next time I'm chopping heads off.

Last edited:

Novice

Well done Ged.
Wind getting up here today so no fishing. Not that I was going any way.
First lure ready for paint or what ever I decide on.

noel

Morning all , I read a few reports about Tunstall yesterday and when it was opened to the public they had people swimming in it I suppose there is always a 1st for everything.

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Windy here, a bit damp first off.
Got some plants to lift out of the front garden, won't take long hopefully.
New footbridge in place over the East Lancs Railway, not open to public yet so road still closed. It will be a race track once the road reopens! :mad:

black knight

Morning all
Ged did you take that video in a wet suit like jacques cousteau?

It's blowing a gale here and the leaves are flying off the trees in the back garden. The wife has been feeding the birds and a hedgehog. This morning she surprised a grey squirrel. I'm wonder how many more animals will arrive at Vanita's cafe.
I've seriously hurt my left knee joint from kneeling and heavy lifting yesterday. The joint is painful and stiff. No gardening for me for a few days.

Paul_B

I'm no Jack Perks Alban. :)
Ibuprofen (if you can take them) Alban to ease any inflammation.
They're not always the best thing, inflammation is the bodys reaction to problems and part of the healing process, Ibuprofen reduce inflammation...........just saying :)

black knight

Thanks Paul B for the advice. I don't take Ibuprofen I'll take Paracetamol but that's it. My knee is in a sorry state and getting up from sitting down very painful. I think I'm falling in bits.
The wind has dropped but done a lot of foliage damage to the trees.
The wife latest folly she's bought a large bag of hedgehog food. It's pellets similar to rabbit droppings. I'm just waiting for squirrel food to arrive. I think we have the makings of a wild life park.

banjo298

Yesterday I found out that our Salmon fishing trip to the Dee has been cancelled as suspected due to no accommodation and travel restrictions. However they have very kindly offered us provisional dates in August instead. Hoping all will be ok by then so we can go.

Earlier this week my car decided to breakdown. Since the lockdown it’s only been a few times to the recycling bins and the allotment. Both less than half a mile away. It’s had no diesel in since early March. However on Monday we had an essential trip to the dog groomers, about a 40 mile round trip. Several warning lights appeared on the dash board and refused to go out. My local garage quickly arranged a slot for me and it’s now repaired. The ABS ring on the rear axle had snapped. They put it down to lack of use in the last few months!

bibio1st

Earl, my car had an issue with warning lights starting to come on after a couple of miles and still has,starting with loss of pressure in the rear left tyre then others, it was diagnosed and was due to be fix on the 6th April :rolleyes: no in on the 8th June, all the important things still work and is drivable, just wondering now if I do start to lose tyre pressure what would happen.

Glad you had the salmon trip re-arranged(y)

Steve

banjo298

Couple of years back I had an issue with the tyre pressure warning light coming on. Turned out that the sensors are extremely sensitive. I eventually found I had a very slow puncture In one tyre. I could pump it up but as soon as it dropped as little as a 1 psi from the selected pressure the warning light would come on. I found on my car I could easily alter the tyre pressure the sensor would select from one of the steering wheel stalks, so just to get rid of the annoying warning light I would quickly reduce the sensor pressure.

Of course it’s very important to have the correct pressure. Too high causes excess uneven tyre wear, and less grip on the road. Too little pressure will also cause excess tyre wear, affect steering and braking and if it gets too low will cause tyre damage!

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Another blustery day.
I can't find tyre pressures on my car since having to have a new tyre fitted, no warning lights coming on so hopefully no problem.
Keep your fingers and eyes crossed Earl that your river Dee fishing trip goes well in August. We need rain here. 🌧☔

Novice

I check my Tyres every few days. I also start and leave the engine running for about 20mins.
I not sure why one tyre looses pressure even though it is a new tyre. Still it will be a new car soon. :)

We need rain too.

wobbly face

SteveN.
I had one tyre that went down regularly on my old car, had it checked and it was the wheel rim that was the problem. Despite being cleaned and re glued then new tyre fitted, it still went down.

Novice

I suspect this is the same issue. Still I know about it so I can keep an eye on it.

One more coat of resin on the lure(5 in total) then fit the hooks. Hope to test it next week

bibio1st

Had the afternoon/evening up on the Dane, fortunately the wind wasn’t much of a problem on the bit I fished, fished the duo and had 3 fish to the dry, a small elk hair otbo, the rest came to a variety of nymphs, ended with a dozen browns up to 10oz
Changed a bit over winter, some for the better some not so good, just have to see how it fishes.

AB9ADD21-D90B-491D-8CFA-0B58EEC2C023.jpeg

Steve