What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

black knight

Ours was an uneventful day until my granddaughter Kelsey and her husband brought us a fish and chip tea. We ate them outside in the back garden and boy they did taste good. I've missed the once a week chippy tea.
Love your lure Steve what a clever use of feathers.
Not another fire on Winter Hill Tom. August 2018 when they final extinguished the last moor blaze on Winter Hill.

Last edited:

bibio1st

Not good news with the fire, hope it wasn’t idiots starting it.

Didn’t get fishing until late as I had a bike ride this afternoon, about 20 miles, mad dogs and English men it think ;)
With the fishing I decided to have a go at fishing streamers, something I haven’t really given a proper go, had the odd chuck with a totally inadequate rod while nymphing occasionally, went with a 9ft 6wt and eventually ended up with 5 after a slow start when I was questioning if I was doing it right, the best of the bunch was about a pound.

CFFAD44E-CBB8-4A9E-ADE1-9369387AA42D.jpeg

Steve

black knight

Well done Steve.
Tom that photo illustrates how serious the fire is. My son Steve is retired now from fire fighting but was employed for months fighting moors fires locally.
I was up all night with serious indigestion I'm blaming the greasy fish and chips.

buzzer1234

Well done Steve.
Tom that photo illustrates how serious the fire is. My son Steve is retired now from fire fighting but was employed for months fighting moors fires locally.
I was up all night with serious indigestion I'm blaming the greasy fish and chips.

Believe it was started by a barbecue!! Some people are so stupid.

buzzer1234

Fire fighters still struggling on the moors the smoke is bad again in Brinscall, all windows closed.

Pity the water was murky Ged would have been good to see the fish swimming off.

bibio1st

Lesson learnt on tonight’s bike ride, don’t go out without a phone, pump and puncture repair kit :rolleyes:, fortunately it was on the way back about a mile from home, could have been a lot worse.

Steve

black knight

The reservoir is low Ged and I can see you were struggling with enough pipe length. I've been involved with stocking myself at the old location. There should be some good sport over the next few weeks.

bibio1st

Puncture repaired, first on of those I’ve done for a number of years but there was some kit in the tool box, that’s now in my back pack plus a small pump.
Too blimming hot again, oh for some normal British weather.

Steve

black knight

Another red hot day. Top up shopping delivered by my granddaughter she's a good un. A parcel arrived this moring from QVC. It contained a 1 litre bottle of sun tan lotion factor 50, a 500ml of tan lotion factor 30, a hand bag size bottle and two lip balms. My wife can't sun bathe and covers herself if sitting out. We are expecting delivery of two hanging baskets and I put an additional bracket up this morning.

Novice

I orderd tomato plants from Marshalls. Never will I order from this company again. Ok this is exceptional circumstances but customer service is bad. They even say they will not respond to delivery queries. I am not happy with them at all.

wobbly face

Afternoon guys.
Breezy but nice again.
Did a Morrison's shop this morning, took more than twice the time for an Aldi shop. Queuing to the tills a total joke. 2 meters from person infront, (y) 2 meters from person behind, (y) but then snaking through the cordons lucky to have 0.5 meter at the side of you. :mad: 15 minutes of this before being allowed to a till, only 3 tills on. One item cost £7.50, but online advertised at £6.00. Email sent but not holding breath.
Have you tuned grey yet SteveN? I think I have!

Novice

Not grey yet Ged just some highlights. :) Joan offered to trim my hair but as her eye sight is not the best I declined.
On a plus, hopefully I am going to try the river on Thursday. I am even going to use a fly rod. (y). I have access to a bit of river no one ever fishes. There could be a good reason. Getting to the river will be the hardest bit as it is the beginning of the tidal part also it is a big tide so I need to make sure I have an escape route if needed. this stretch just continues to the usual part but it is controlled by another club. Only £20 for the year. I got it for the Pike but may as well have a go.