What are the Lancsy Lads up to next? (Volume 2) 2018-

Novice

Back early from the river. Got there and got to the section I wanted to fish but as soon as I entered the field all the cows, mothers and young ran towards me. made an effort to get to the river but did not feel comfortable so exit field. Got to the river in the only field with no cows. First cast missed a fish possibly a trout. Next cast fish on, first Chub. returned the fish thinking there may be another Chub. Third cast and fish on. This time a nice trout. That's the new rod and reel christened. Caught on the paper minnow but I had fitted a new slightly bigger lip. Had a move down river but there were two guys fishing so I left. So Home early but happy.106391928_396628137963225_2148617047323730602_n.jpg106454413_302644987785177_2654465794310129943_n.jpg

Novice

You have to keep doing it SteveN until you get to safety. Might be a good idea to get wading stick as you can wave that about aswell making yourself look even bigger. Plus something hard to hit/prod them with if it comes to it.
They followed me right down to the river then stood ominously behind me. I could not be sure what they would do. Next field had more cows. Not for me so had to fight them off back to the gat and to safety. I used my long landing net, It scared them off for all of 5 seconds.

noel

Well we have been at the static now for a couple of hours , plenty of work to be done that we didn't have time for in March .

miabs

They followed me right down to the river then stood ominously behind me. I could not be sure what they would do. Next field had more cows. Not for me so had to fight them off back to the gat and to safety. I used my long landing net, It scared them off for all of 5 seconds.
They were thinking... 'We're having him for lunch!'

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

miabs

Back early from the river. Got there and got to the section I wanted to fish but as soon as I entered the field all the cows, mothers and young ran towards me. made an effort to get to the river but did not feel comfortable so exit field. Got to the river in the only field with no cows. First cast missed a fish possibly a trout. Next cast fish on, first Chub. returned the fish thinking there may be another Chub. Third cast and fish on. This time a nice trout. That's the new rod and reel christened. Caught on the paper minnow but I had fitted a new slightly bigger lip. Had a move down river but there were two guys fishing so I left. So Home early but happy.View attachment 28319View attachment 28320
Well done Steve N!

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

buzzer1234

Well done with the trout & chub Steve, nothing like using a new rod & reel & catching. Young bulls can be a nuisance also!!

Bit better day than I expected I might have gone fishing again if I’d known, tomorrow doesn’t look very good & the wind is picking up to.

Paul_B

I had a morning fishing and did rather well, I looked at my phone for the time and decided as it was 10-t-2 I'd have one last cast as the fish had started topping.
Then I had a phone call asking when I was coming home, why what time is it, its 5 o'clock :oops:

I thought I was getting peckish :ROFLMAO:

black knight

Evening lads
My grandson Stevie and his dad fish Stocks today. Apparently it rained most of the day. I taught Stevie to fish on the Lower Ogden over a number of years. He was a wayward teenager always in trouble and I hoped that fishing might help with these problems. Today Stevie is in a relationship. has a house and a son called Lucas. Back to fishing. Steve, his dad, left Stevie to sort himself out and Stevie pulled out the first fish. His dad said he fishes and casts well all credit to his tutor. He finished up with two RBs. I appreciate the comment and am pleased my years of tuition were not wasted. Elliott will always be my star pupil and Aaron and Dominic my other fishing grandsons are hooked on fishing. Aaron is my current fishing and boat partner and does well on Stocks.

Well done fishing SteveB

Novice

Just as bad over here. Glad I got out yesterday. Forecast for better weather next week.
Garden taking another battering. The weight of the rain on the flowers breaks the stem or they all fall over and it was looking oh so nice.

Novice

No river fishing for me for a few days as it has risen 4m with the recent rain.. Time for another lure or may be a few Pike flies.

black knight

Evening lads
It's been a dull wet miserable day here today. The only bright moment was my granddaughter Kelsey bringing our shopping from Tesco. We are eating far too much and will suffer for it later.
I observe the madness is going to start tomorrow when the pubs reopen. There will be sensible people who change into raving loonies after a number of pints.
We have been advised to remain in lock down until 1 August. It seems a long way off but we are determined to do all we can to avoid the Corona virus. It was the first birthday of one of my great granddaughters a little girl called Penny. Her parents put up a Gazebo in the back for hosting a party. The guests were told not to go in the house some did and Penny's mum threw a duck fit and went in never to return to the party. I have notice some visitors including family are very cautious but others don't give a dam. Ged, that's not the stone structure on a reservoir it's a swear word.
PS
We didn't attend Penny's party.
PPS
Well done fishing Steve N

Last edited:

wobbly face

Morning guys.
Orrybubble day so far. Wind is getting up and it's damp and far too many slugs and snails in the garden.
Well, no plans for fishing this week, others has scuppered that for me even if we get better weather. I'm not happy. :(